Re: Vengeance

The sky-ship balloon looks great! What about steering though?

This looks awesome, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this.

I absolutely love it, and the tower of administration looks exactly like I pictured it when I was reading the script. I am so excited for this. mini/bigsmile

The airship is amazing. I can't wait to see your film.

Last edited by Wmallenpeterson (October 2, 2013 (02:29pm))

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

Happy you're still working on it! mini/bigsmile BiM has been quiet recently, I think school and work have something to do with it. Hope it doesn't stay this way. mini/confused

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Wow, thanks for all the kind comments guys! mini/smile
@jahnocli: Hmm, I'm not sure actually. I did incorporate a rudder though, and I might end up using it as the steering. It certainly wouldn't be realistic, but I might do it just for the lolz mini/bigsmile
@Lavamation: Yep, school's started for me too. I'm trying to get as much work done as I can, but I only really have time during the weekends mini/confused

Nice!
The balloon top looks a tad wrinkly, but otherwise great.
And the mini-scale building looks perfect. It's just the right scale to have lots of details, but still be a manageable size for filming. Can't wait to see both of those models in action!

Today I created the first background that I'll be using:
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu146/Gammelsmurfen778/TowerofAdministration1_zps5da0836d.jpg

The angles are a bit off, but I think it's ok for a first attempt.

That looks amazing mini/smile

Great job.

That looks really cool. Maybe you should move the tips of the buildings closer together, it will look more like a city that way.

I would agree with Mighty. The clouds look pretty nice, but the buildings look out of place.
And what program are you using? It looks like blender.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Oh I love those pictures. I hope the story/plot will be as good as these screenshots! mini/smile

Nice!

I'd say to gray the sky down, and then either add more buildings, or bring them closer together.
Also, if that's the big admin building, I'd suggest giving it more emphasis by making it scaled bigger than the others.
By the way, I'm thinking that graying it down, and making the blue changed to red, would make an amazing evening shot. 'hint, hint'

Like I've said before, this project looks great, and will be simply fantastic once finished.

EDIT: Some more tips would be to watch the shadows and blank spots. The building is lit from the opposite side as the clouds, and while it's not that noticeable, a sharp eye will catch it. And finally the bottom-right corner is obviously a black plate with clouds in front. I suggest putting the same shade of blue back there that you use for the sky.

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (October 26, 2013 (10:53am))

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's extremely helpful! I'll build some more miniature buildings and re arrange the buildings in the background a bit.

Oh, and I didn't use blender I used photoshop, I'm not very good at using blender mini/confused

Your doing a really good job. I love what I have read of the script.

This looks like it's going to be brilliant. How much have you filmed so far?

Coming soon: "Dark Eidolon"
One-third of ShiftyPotatoes

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

Your doing a really good job. I love what I have read of the script.

I agree! It's awesome! mini/bigsmile Taking my time to record the lines so they do the script justice!

Thanks! I've shot about a third of all the scenes so far, but seeing as I've shot a lot of the more difficult and longer ones already, I'd say I've filmed just about half of it as of now.

SurfSmurf778 wrote:

I'd say I've filmed just about half of it as of now.

How long d'you reckon the video will be in the end?