Re: Vampire Cinema

That's a good truck you got there.

The only improvements I think it can use are building a windshield that goes all the way up to the cab roof and putting some grill tiles over the studs below the cab.

If you plan on animating the sides opening in the film, you might want to swap out those click hinges with smooth hinges (like the ones on the back hatch) because it's hard to ease in and out with click hinges.

In the fourth picture, I know who the three characters in the middle are, but who are the other three?

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

If you plan on animating the sides opening in the film, you might want to swap out those click hinges with smooth hinges (like the ones on the back hatch) because it's hard to ease in and out with click hinges.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough of those pieces.
But the sides won't be moving in the film, and I prefer those joints for this because the will stay in the same position more stably.
They will exit through the back.

minifig051 wrote:

In the fourth picture, I know who the three characters in the middle are, but who are the other three?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555410_517979088225438_1855125791_n.jpg

From left to right: The driver, John, Marry, Victor Moore, Vincent Blackwood, and Sam McCarthy.

Everyone but Moore and Blackwood are just extra monster hunters.

[About Nora] Ah, makes sense.  I like how you give your characters really unusual, interesting and funny back-stories.

Anyway, the truck looks nice to me, except that I find the windshield looks a bit strange (I'd use one that spans the full length between the roof and hood), and the sides could maybe use a bit more dark red.  Also, the rear bumper looks a bit too "modern" and rounded; I'd suggest using round 1x1s for the back lights and taking away the "cheese slopes" around the license plate.  Or, turn them so they face outside (i.e. 180 degrees), and put the rear lights on grey 1x1 square plates if that makes any sense.  Aside from that, it looks great, though.  By the way, why do the sides fold down?

The monster hunter characters look good as well, although John's face is a bit off to me.  He needs a more detailed/tougher-looking face.  And the bodies and legs of John and Mary look a bit too similar as well, maybe give them a different-coloured torsos and/or legs.  Though all of these things I've mentioned are just really small details that for some reason really stick out to me.  Hope you don't mind. mini/tongue

Anyway, as I said before, this sounds like a great film with an unusual (in a very good way) and entertaining premise.  Reminds me a bit of Zombie: Genesis.

"Barry and I and the studio talked a lot about what were going to do about the zombies.  And when we considered all our options, we decided that just using real zombies was going to work out the best.  They look so much better than actors in make-up or CGI..."

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (January 27, 2013 (03:22am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Anyway, as I said before, this sounds like a great film with an unusual (in a very good way) and entertaining premise.  Reminds me a bit of Zombie: Genesis.

"Barry and I and the studio talked a lot about what were going to do about the zombies.  And when we considered all our options, we decided that just using real zombies was going to work out the best.  They look so much better than actors in make-up or CGI..."

Yeah, this is like this in the aspect that it's about real monsters.
However, it's not so much a comedy, and it's not played as a documentary.
The monsters are secret, and it's about the monsters rather than the director and film crew, who are the antagonists in this story.

Squid/ANP you are really good builder and animator and the film is usually very good if it has good sets and stuff and good animation even you have a little problems with the light flicker in your camera? I may could help you with that problem, because I have Nikon D3100 too (if you still have it) and I don't have any disturbing light flicking. So, if you want I could try to help you with that.

silmänkääntäjä wrote:

Squid/ANP you are really good builder and animator and the film is usually very good if it has good sets and stuff and good animation even you have a little problems with the light flicker in your camera? I may could help you with that problem, because I have Nikon D3100 too (if you still have it) and I don't have any disturbing light flicking. So, if you want I could try to help you with that.

If you have a solution to my light flicker problem, I would very much like to have it.
By all means, though, this really shouldn't be happening at all.

Now seeing all of the yellow figures I like the yellow Much better. The film looks very promising. I can't wait.

Btw where did you get those torsos? They are realllly cool! mini/bigsmile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8661220412_23715fc4ed_m.jpg

Love the name. Looking forward to it.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

NXTManiac wrote:

Love the name. Looking forward to it.

Thank you, I hope that this is finished one day and lives up to everyone's expectations.

I've made another character from the film named Gore Underwood:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8392/8479524460_0a10ebe41d_c.jpg

Gore is a real werewolf who is part of the monster crew.

This definitely looks like it will be worth the wait.
Great job so far, the truck, characters and your back stories are great.

I finally got a better head for Lord Redgrave.  But now that I have the new Wolverine hair as well, I'm not sure what hair I like best.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/8675918922_0caca699b3_c.jpg

Which do you like?  Classic square vampire hair, or the newer hair?

No contest; the classic/Wolverine hair looks so wonderfully over-the-top, awesome, and vampire-like, you should definitely go with that one.  Also, it accentuates his frown/brows quite nicely.

Incidentally, I'm guessing that's the Monster Fighters vampire head you have there?

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (April 23, 2013 (03:26pm))

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

Definately the wolverine hair.

I'd say the second, as it's more sophisticated and civilized.

I'd say the first one, because it's creepier.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I'd say, depends on the character. The first hairdo is more ludicrous. The second, while more elegant, is also more menacing. But the first is tremendously retro. Choose it based on the tone of the film.

Spoiler (click to read)

although I actually like Redgrave's original head. While not as vampirey, it has more personality. but that personality may not be the one you are going for though. The original one looks like he's trying really hard to be scary, but failing.

It definitely depends on Lord Redgrave's character. If he's more straight up in your face evil, the first one is better, but if he's a more subtle, calculated evil, the second one. If he's not evil, then the first one is better if he's slightly comical (which wouldn't shock me considering your past films mini/wink ), or if he has a more tragic story and is more withdrawn, in which case the second one is better. Obviously these are things you probably shouldn't reveal about the film, but that's what I think.

Squid, I have to say that I will never get used to how spectacular your work is.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

I've updated the minifigure for Professor Elmo Grim:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/8719231143_577572ed2e_c.jpg

I like this one way more.
Professor Grim is the best character in this whole thing.

For Redgrave's hair I'll probably go with classic, but I might go with new.
If anyone's confused about his alignment, he's pretty evil most of the time, despite that, he's still the protagonist. He's no a goofy "I vant to suck your blood!" type vampire, but more of a cold, and menacing English villain who happens to also be a vampire.

Hmm... I like new Elmo's torso better, but his old face looked better.

By the way, if you need any voice actors, I'd be happy to voice (once I get a new mike to replace my old broken one, that is, which I'll hopefully do in the very near future).