Re: BULB

What I meant is, take, say, some 1x6 tiles, stick a bit of blu-tack on the the bottom part, and press that against the edge of the paper.  Surely that wouldn't take up too much room? mini/shifty

Anyways, the posters are great!  The "Copywrong" bit is hilarious.  Maybe you could replace "Legoman" with "minifigure". 

Also, you could add something like "any unattended luggage will be removed and destroyed without warning" to the pickpockets warning ad.  They always say something like that at train and subway stations, and sounds really official and whatnot. mini/tongue

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Well I just built the first car of the tube train and I found out I have plenty of room for FlyingMinifig's idea with the ads!
Oh and the tube train (in my opinion; looks good). mini/smile 
Here are some pictures of it:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/8000362350_4af5c533ea.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/8000361609_1fc7f01b92.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8033/8000361203_f03780ccde.jpg
I didn't pay as much attention to the inside because that would be a separate set.

DING DONG] please do not leave your luggage anywhere on the station, any unattended articles are likely to be removed without warning. Lol mini/lol I'll put a poster up for that tomorrow.

Last edited by animationIsaac (September 18, 2012 (10:42am))

Sorry, but it's hard fact of life, multi-colored=n00b-ish looking.

The Maroon slopes, red vertical stripes, blue horizontal stripe and tiny bit of black trim don't go well together. Not to mention the two white and one tan large window frames with the three tan and one white small frames. You need to pick a primary color, a secondary color, and then a third color for the "Trim."

If you're low on window frames, try to make all the ones on the main side white, and fill the rest with tan. (Depending on the angles, this trick may not be possible. In which case just keep the windows the same as they are.) Then, either change the blue out for red, or the red out for blue to make all the stripes the same color. Change the black out for your main color of choice, and the tan headlamp brick out for the main color. 

Also, I've never been on a subway, but they normally have doors on the sides to let the people out, right? Or is that only in the movies? mini/shifty mini/tongue

The design looks great in the second pic, so a little color-swap should get you a pretty good subway car.

He he, I was just copying what the London Underground trains look like, they are very; colourful... Unlike most trains which are grey or white.
http://cyberboris.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tube.jpg
Here is a picture.

Last edited by animationIsaac (September 18, 2012 (11:46am))

I like it. Espcially the london reference. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Oh, I was afraid of that. mini/lol
In that case just see what you can do about the windows.

I automatically assumed it was a recreation of an underground station! The station looks pretty good although you might want to consider creating a sign with the station name somewhere on the platform.

Oh and the rest of the film so far is looking great too mini/smile

If you need a announcement voice for the train I think I could help due to literally learning the announcements off by heart after taking the tube to school every day... "The next station is Wembley Park, change here for the Jubilee line, exit for Wembley stadium" "This train terminates at Stanmore" "GET OFF THE DOORS YOU IDIOTS OR I'M PUTTING THIS TRAIN OUT OF SERVICE!" hmm maybe you only hear the last one at the stations near my school...

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Not bad for a first start.

The roof looks pretty bumpy, though.  I'd suggest spreading the plates out a bit more evenly.  The widows look a bit off too; black or white would be better than tan (though I'm guessing that's probably the only or most frequent colour of that particular brick you have).  Also, red would fit much better than maroon for the slopes.  And I do think the front could use a bit more work.  Perhaps something along the lines of this:

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/93182/1344371008m_SPLASH.jpg

Love the "announcement"! mini/lol  Oh yes, another idea: you could use loads of 1x2 yellow "radiator grille" bricks to make the Yellow Line on the edge of the platform, and maybe some dark grey ones to capture the "gutter" effect of the paving stones.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (September 18, 2012 (12:23pm))

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

legomoviemaker1 wrote:

If you need a announcement voice for the train I think I could help due to literally learning the announcements off by heart after taking the tube to school every day... "The next station is Wembley Park, change here for the Jubilee line, exit for Wembley stadium" "This train terminates at Stanmore" "GET OFF THE DOORS YOU IDIOTS OR I'M PUTTING THIS TRAIN OUT OF SERVICE!" hmm maybe you only hear the last one at the stations near my school...

Lol! mini/smile I'll pm you if I need any help with tube train voices. 
@FlyingMinifig I just had to go with the bricks I got.
I'll be making improvements to it in the next few days. mini/smile

Man, the London Underground looks much nicer and cleaner than the subways in New York (I remember riding one when I was really little).

As for the LEGO one, I must agree with Pritchard. The roof does have some bumps, and in my opinion, the train should be more round.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Tubey update.
I have tried to make the top smoother and I also got rid of the brownyred bricks on the doors. Still not perfect, I know.. But I just have to work with the Lego bricks I've got. It's definitely improved though. mini/smile
http://imageshack.us/a/img259/8741/img6096jf.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/7162/img6095z.jpg

Way to go!  A huge improvement, in my opinion. mini/smile

Thanks! mini/smile

That looks much better!  This is coming along great, keep it up.  I can't wait for a trailer...?

JonnDthunDer wrote:

I can't wait for a trailer...?

Yep, there will be a trailer when I have enough scenes complete.

I just made my first big poster for BULB:
OMG it's a POSTER!! AW YEAH!

Awesomeness.

Thanks! mini/smile

Looking great!  I can't wait for this!

Judging from the poster, the London Underground will play a large in this film?