Re: Bugs / Suggestions

I know that you've gone with a clean, minimal design for the forums, but are you open to the idea of giving it a little more life with some images?  IMO it looks a little bare, not to mention the locations of the "post new topic" and "post reply" buttons aren't as easy to find as they are on most forums.

Maybe something like this for an unread thread
This for a read thread
and then topic/reply buttons

Just a thought.  The topic button came out a bit large but it is just a concept.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Don't really like that "New Topic" button Smeagol but the other 2 are really nice.

-Aled

I think they might take it a bit over the top, Sméagol...

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Sméagol wrote:

I know that you've gone with a clean, minimal design for the forums, but are you open to the idea of giving it a little more life with some images?  IMO it looks a little bare, not to mention the locations of the "post new topic" and "post reply" buttons aren't as easy to find as they are on most forums.

Maybe something like this for an unread thread
This for a read thread
and then topic/reply buttons

Just a thought.  The topic button came out a bit large but it is just a concept.

I like the read and unread but Not to keen on the new topic button.

_2014

Yeah the Avatar thing is a minor irritation. I can't use my old one now. And I got the new image sorted size wise only to find it it was 8kb to big file size wise. So I had to play around with it for ages until I got it down to size, with a loss of quality etc.

Still minor issue

As far as i know there is no notification of a New PM on screen, also the "controls" box could have a link To Your PM inbox with a Number in brackets of how many new Messages. These are just suggestions though.

like this:
Private Messages(2)]

_2014

Yeah, I agree with randomparrot on the control box. It would be cool if it would have a link to your PM box, or just showing the number of PMs you have next to it. But still I'm not fuzzed whether you keep it that way or change it, I love it either way.

-Steve

I would prefer this for the front page:

Messages (2)]

However that may be a bit hard to do as the buttons are images, unless you make about 15 images for it. Then on the forums simply have:

Private Messages (2) in the normal text it currently has.

-Aled

Does anybody notice the posts? AT ALL?! You have to highlight them to see what there saying!

RETIRED

No you don't.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Sean wrote:

I like the cinema effect in the events page, but I think it's a tad too dark.

I'd have to disagree. All the attention goes to the THAC 6 logo and info, which was intended. The cinema effect works nicely in my opinion.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I was wondering why some of us are called new members instead of regular members. I was noticing that I have the new member sign when people who joined the old BiM after me have the regular member sign. Does this have to do with how many posts we have on this site or how many days we are here?

I think it's how much posts you have. Probably if you have over 5 you're a normal member then over a certain number a different title.

-Steve

It's not exactly a problem, but since I'm used to the links opening new windows, I have closed the internet on accident 4 times.:/

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Frogtrap wrote:

I was wondering why some of us are called new members instead of regular members. I was noticing that I have the new member sign when people who joined the old BiM after me have the regular member sign. Does this have to do with how many posts we have on this site or how many days we are here?

It's a small post based rank. We had the same thing on the other site, just to help us identify who is new to the site in the future. Once you've posted 10 times you're labeled as a regular member.

I've updated the pm link at the top to notify you when you get new messages.

:::: !important is the Jedi mind trick of CSS ::::

Are there any other ranks after you've posted, for instance, 1000 posts, it will say "L33T member".

-Aled

Hey, the Messages(1) thing is up already. Thanks Schlaeps.

EDIT:

Aled Owen wrote:

Are there any other ranks after you've posted, for instance, 1000 posts, it will say "L33T member".

-Aled

I think that would only do the same as what it did with the post count. Everyone would be like "I want to be a L33T MEMBER, MUST POST MOAR"

-Steve

Last edited by Steve (December 27, 2008 (10:57am))

Thanks Schlaeps.

Mario72 and Newright said in chat that they didn't get a registration-email, maybe it would be also nice if you could see who's in chat.

EDIT: And perhaps a simple

Spoiler (click to read)

option. mini/smile

Last edited by Bastetta (December 27, 2008 (10:58am))

ONTOPIC: I would like a new chat! mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg