Re: Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm.

brickelodeon wrote:

120. CarrollFilms

same

What they said.

Potato!!!

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

brickelodeon wrote:

120. CarrollFilms

same

What they said.

Indeed.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

121: Bad stories. Like a story that's not funny and so random that it's just sad.

120. CarrollFilms

same

What they said.

Indeed.

But really, Carroll is a very talented film maker who makes really funny videos. I would never want to down-talk him for no reason.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

brickelodeon wrote:

What they said.

Indeed.

But really, Carroll is a very talented film maker who makes really funny videos. I would never want to down-talk him for no reason.

I'm thinking this is more "who you don't to see comments from" and not " Things you don't want to see in a brickfilm"
Carroll's films are good but he is annoying and off topic a lot of times on the forums. Let's get this thread back on topic mini/smile

StefanMuscat wrote:
brickelodeon wrote:

120. CarrollFilms

same

What they said.

Indeed.

122. unnecessary meanness and/or ganging up on smaller individuals

123. This thread.

CarrollFilms wrote:

Potato!!!

JK, Carroll, JK. You know I love you.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

Potato!!!

JK, Carroll, JK. You know I love you.

You're just saying that cause he's got a potato

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

Marco Bumpo
124. When watching a brickfilm, seeing a set that is primarily made up of grey bricks, as not only is it displeasing to the eyes, but also shows a lack of creativity in the film maker.

Slurping Animations wrote:

Marco Bumpo
124. When watching a brickfilm, seeing a set that is primarily made up of grey bricks, as not only is it displeasing to the eyes, but also shows a lack of creativity in the film maker.

Really? I think that under the right circumstances, a grey set can be acceptable and even useful. It always depends on the tone of the film and the scene.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/936153_665675640122448_1839128355_n.jpg

There are a grand total of ten non grey bricks visible in this set.

You must hate my films.  Primarily grey sets are very common in them.

But that's not possible! In general, I should have been more clear, my view on this is coming from a MOCers aspect on things. Suppose I should have said having a grey baseplate, with only a few grey bricks. This is mostly common in Star Wars Cloen WaRs animation battles. I should have been more clearer.

You'll probably hate my film even more.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Ugh, not Monochrome, man that film was a downer. I hated the grey and the Marxist message, you're corrupting the world's children blaaaaaaaaah

Just kidding.

I am also a fan of grey sets. If I get around to doing Oscorp Tower and A Night In Vampire Town, there'll be lots of grey sets. La Conquista II will open in an almost completely grey and black set.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Suppose everyone has their own opinions, and not all are on the same side of the line. The reason for my weak disliking is due to perspective I have been looking from: a builders POV. But then again, what colour of sets you make is your own decision. Tis' a bit odd and ironic about what I said, as my upcoming test montage has a big grey wall-time to decronstruct it.

Suppose everyone has their own opinions, and not all are on the same side of the line. The reason for my weak disliking is due to perspective I have been looking from: a builders POV. But then again, what colour of sets you make is your own decision. Tis' a bit odd and ironic about what I said, as my upcoming test montage has a big grey wall-time to decronstruct it.

I absolutely understand where you're coming from, although I suppose this is more of a "bland sets/props" problem.  It really depends what effect you're going for.  Cityscapes, mountains, dystopian stuff, SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS SPACESHIPS, all that would probably involve a lot of grey.  But nice forests, cheerfully coloured areas and happy fantasy worlds on the other hand would look terrible if rendered in grey.  It really has to suit the style of your films.  Nathan Wells and Squid, for instance, have radically different set-building styles, but both work great in their respective environments, and both are brilliant set designers.  My own example is very extreme, and I'll probably never end up making anything quite like it again.  (One of the things that aggravated me the most was the fact I had such a drastically limited colour palette; I tried to make my sets creative through different architectural styles and details.)

jampot wrote:

Ugh, not Monochrome, man that film was a downer. I hated the grey and the Marxist message, you're corrupting the world's children blaaaaaaaaah

Just kidding.

I am also a fan of grey sets. If I get around to doing Oscorp Tower and A Night In Vampire Town, there'll be lots of grey sets. La Conquista II will open in an almost completely grey and black set.

Yah I'm really just out to poison and twist the minds of young innocent children with dangerous shocking liberal subliminal messages about liberalism and subversive insurrection and depressing endings.  I don't even need a name, you can just call me "The Corrupter"... 

Only joking, glad you liked it (or maybe you didn't...? mini/shifty )] Although, I actually had a much happier ending in mind originally, but I ended up having to cut it.  Funny that you mention politics--I actually intend for this film to have no political message whatsoever (beyond the main story of rebellion against oppression, which I suppose is pretty much universal).  I realise this could potentially be interpreted as being political in many different ways, but that was never the original intention.  Personally, I tend to be highly distrustful of and uncomfortable with films that attempt to overtly shove any sort of socio-political/religious/spiritual/grammatical/whatever message in your face, whatever it may be.  Which actually quite neatly brings me on to the next thing...

125: A film with a message that overtly attempts to force a particular political/religious view upon you, if it is done in a very ham-handed way (not that I've ever encountered a brickfilm like this before, but you never know...)

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (March 8, 2014 (04:41pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

blocks

127. Women.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

So I think we can all agree this topic is dead and should be put to rest.

Maybe we can even focus on actually animating?