Re: Tutorials

I just want to be clear 15 frames does that mean still pictures? I am sorry if i am confusing you, I am still learning but I am very keen I am willing to do whatever it takes another thing when you say 15 frames to make 1 second is that the same for movement/audio? or is it different? is it a good thing to copy frames? so like for example for copying the frames do you mean as in a lego hand moving up in one frame and the lego hand moving down in the other and just copying numerously?

My last very important question this is were I get confused honestly I hope you can help me, if 15 frames is 15 still photos is it 15 frames of the same picture to just get one second of audio? or is it better just to move the hands very slowly 15 times to get that one second what would you recommend? I really want to start the 15fps and feel like there hasn't been a tutorial if there is I would so much appreciate a link or if you could create one that'd be awesome thanks in advance.

Generalned

FIXED

Last edited by Generalned (June 3, 2013 (10:13am))

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

@Generalned I'll answer that, but first please, please use capitals and periods. It's really hard to read your post.

Anyway 'FPS or frames per second' is indeed the amount of photos in a second. Brickfilmers usually use 15 but some over achievers like Mobiledeli or Spider (Repelling spider) use 24. It is not a good idea to reuse frames, as it gives a very amateuristic look to a film and (almost) always people will notice it. It is recommended that you first record the audio and then animate to it. The rendered film however should be something like 60 fps because otherwise the text will seem really choppy. Audio does not have 'FPS', but I recommend you just save it as the highest quality that you can.

Keesret wrote:

@Generalned The rendered film however should be something like 60 fps because otherwise the text will seem really choppy. Audio does not have 'FPS', but I recommend you just save it as the highest quality that you can.

With the final render of film out of your editing software the render should probably only be 30 fps. Live-action filmers usually do 24 fps or 30 fps renders.

With the audio thing, yes it does not go in fps, it goes in bits and hz's, but with professional audio recording software, such as Adobe Audition, you can have it tell you at this point in the audio what frame you would be at instead of millisecond. But it only does it in 30 fps and 24 fps so you would to do 30 fps and divide that number by 2.

Thank you keesret and Mrrundown101 for the reply.

I also want to apologise for your difficulty in reading my post, ill will fix it up for future reference.

Look i just want to ask you made it more easier for me to understand, just one more thing since its 15 frames per second how much frames would it be needed to make a 1 minute film?

Also i just want to ask when animating movement e.g. a lego running i notice at times thats 7 still pictures? is that correct?

Also i just wanted to note down what im using if you could tell me if the audio complience is the same.

Camera: Logitech C920
Frame Capture/testing: MonkeyJam
Masking/editing: Gimp 2.6
Video Editing Software: Sony Vegas Pro 8
Audio: Cooledit Pro 2000

Thanks guys in advance.

Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

@Generalned Sadly I can't answer your audio problems, nor your running problem because I don't really know what you mean. One minute of animation however is 900 frames (15x60).

@Keesret i understand thank you for replying also great videos! what software/camera do you use?

Generalned

Thanks! This Should answer some questions. If you want to know more go to my channel and check the 'About This Channel' tab.

Your welcome and i did awesome blog man and it did answer my questions thanks again man!

P.S i wrote a message on the blog.

Ha

Generalned

Generalned wrote:

Also i just want to ask when animating movement e.g. a lego running i notice at times thats 7 still pictures? is that correct?

Also i just wanted to note down what im using if you could tell me if the audio complience is the same.

Thanks guys in advance.

Generalned

With the running it should be between 3 and 4 frames for one step.

For the equipment are you using the C920 as your microphone? Either way the audio stuff should be the same, but a quick warning, never use Monkeyjam with audio inserted.

Anyways I use Adobe Creative Suites Production Premium 6, Monkeyjam, a Blue Snowball microphone, a Pro 9000 webcam, and a REALLY fast computer.

Could you show a 12/15fps walk cycle? I don't think we have enough of those yet.

@BertL I made this quite a while ago for the resources. It should help out.

Mr.Rundown101 wrote:
Generalned wrote:

Thanks guys in advance.

Generalned

For the equipment are you using the C920 as your microphone? Either way the audio stuff should be the same, but a quick warning, never use Monkey jam with audio inserted.

Anyways I use Adobe Creative Suites Production Premium 6, Monkeyjam, a Blue Snowball microphone, a Pro 9000 webcam, and a REALLY fast computer.

Thank you so much for your reply! I just have one question, and for the running is it at 15FPS or is it 30FPS? also i have a separate microphone, and for the 3-4 still images does that count for Lego's walking?

For the audio is it a good idea to add later on in editing software, such as example Sony Vegas.

Also for me my downfall is that my computer is good tho not as fast as it use to be, tho it can still get the job done and what is Adobe Creative Suites Production Premium 6? I use to own Adobe After Effects C5 but it was on the other computer, and that broke down which was very upsetting for me.

Is the software you use like Sony Vegas?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for replying to my comment it is much appreciated by all means.

Generalned

For audio sound effects (i.e. the sound of a punch or a car engine), it is recommended that you add them later in post-production so you can position the sounds with correct timing, relative to the frames you have already taken.

Adobe CS6 Production Premium is a collection of useful (and expensive) software made by Adobe. It includes a few very useful tools for animating such as After Effects CS6 --- which is somewhat similar to Sony Vegas, although more designed for post-production VFX editing --- and others. CS6 Production Premium is one step below Adobe's CS6 Master Collection, which includes just about every Adobe product you would need. Mind you, it is relatively expensive to buy.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vo24ow.png

Gopher wrote:

For audio sound effects (i.e. the sound of a punch or a car engine), it is recommended that you add them later in post-production so you can position the sounds with correct timing, relative to the frames you have already taken.

Adobe CS6 Production Premium is a collection of useful (and expensive) software made by Adobe. It includes a few very useful tools for animating such as After Effects CS6 --- which is somewhat similar to Sony Vegas, although more designed for post-production VFX editing --- and others. CS6 Production Premium is one step below Adobe's CS6 Master Collection, which includes just about every Adobe product you would need. Mind you, it is relatively expensive to buy.

OOH ok great thanks alot for your reply it is much appreciated.

Generalned wrote:
Mr.Rundown101 wrote:
Generalned wrote:

Thanks guys in advance.

Generalned

For the equipment are you using the C920 as your microphone? Either way the audio stuff should be the same, but a quick warning, never use Monkey jam with audio inserted.

Thank you so much for your reply! I just have one question, and for the running is it at 15FPS or is it 30FPS? also i have a separate microphone, and for the 3-4 still images does that count for Lego's walking?

For the audio is it a good idea to add later on in editing software, such as example Sony Vegas.

Also for me my downfall is that my computer is good tho not as fast as it use to be, tho it can still get the job done and what is Adobe Creative Suites Production Premium 6? I use to own Adobe After Effects C5 but it was on the other computer, and that broke down which was very upsetting for me.

Is the software you use like Sony Vegas?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for replying to my comment it is much appreciated by all means.

Generalned

I use Premiere Pro cs6

Audacity is also great (and free).

Oh forgot about this, other stuff has come up and I've been busy.

Tutorials are surely coming though, it's going to be big

Avoid walk cycles, there are literally hundreds of existing ones, I would agree with one of the earlier suggestions of having a scene and documenting how you go about making it it with lighting, animation techniques and ways of keeping track of movements etc.

mini/smile

Thanks everyone for your replies, It's much appreciated!

Generalned.

Tutorial Ideas

Walk / run cycle
Lighting (specifically: Lamps, bulbs, flicker, modifiers)
Post-production (masking, green-screen, etc.)
Frame-rate math (how you break movements down for 15fps, 24fps, etc.)
Camera movement