Re: Shooting 16:9 with Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000?

They both work

http://www.youtube.com/user/skateboardcrazy2
The Youtube channel of god
fyi: I am now known as Fat Cat Films on youtube. Formerly DDProductions

I'd probably do the credits in Hitfilm after the initial SMP file has been stretched so I've found that not to be a problem.  Was experimenting with the C910 last night and exporting the film in 1280x720 (initial project file was not in those proportions) and found no issues with stretching etc so will continue with this method.

Thank you all for your replies

AngryChair wrote:

That's strange as I have SMP Action! HD also.  When I was testing with the 9000 the drop down menu for the resolutions wouldn't show 1280x720 at 15fps.  I think from memory it was for 5fps.

You can change the framerate, you know. When you set the capture settings, it sets the framerate to the last framerate you chose.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Logitech's new webcam software is capable of shooting widescreen at 720p, there is however some other features missing. Though not some you'd use for brickfilming. Just search for Logitech's now webcam software.

Ohhh! I slapped my leg but it's actually my balls!- Hal.

Just a quick note to mention the "Safe Area" mode in Helium Frog. In the settings, click this on and set the pixel width and height (eg 1600 x 900). When filming in 4:3 this puts a box on screen so you can film within it as a guide so you can avoid filming in areas which will be chopped off later in your editor. The box doesn't appear in the captured frames. Keep your action within the rectangle.

You can then use windows movie maker to crop the top and bottom of the video to true 1600 x 900 video.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

Do any of you use the Quickcam Pro 9000 Web camera with a mac?

No, because it's not Mac-compatible. You can get a picture from it, but you don't get those incredibly essential manual controls.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Okay, thanks that was what I wanted to know.
EDIT: do any of you use a web cam to shoot with the mac?

martinprice2004 wrote:

Just a quick note to mention the "Safe Area" mode in Helium Frog. In the settings, click this on and set the pixel width and height (eg 1600 x 900). When filming in 4:3 this puts a box on screen so you can film within it as a guide so you can avoid filming in areas which will be chopped off later in your editor. The box doesn't appear in the captured frames. Keep your action within the rectangle.

You can then use windows movie maker to crop the top and bottom of the video to true 1600 x 900 video.

That's very helpful!  I'll try that feature next time I'm animating.