Re: The Festival of Souls 2 [CLOSED]

omarnol wrote:

Has the deadline been moved? It still says "Active"...:/

legostothemax wrote:
Binding Brick wrote:

Is the deadline not today?

No, he changed the deadline to the 31st so everyone would have more time to animate.

-LASF

Onion changed the date in a post here somewhere, then neglected to change the first post where everyone entering will go. Oh well. Entries will be accepted until October 31st-Halloween.

Jared

OMG I haven't been on for a while...I just found out about this today.  mini/no but  the deadline was just so conveniently changed! mini/yes

I edited the first post, seeing as it didn't look like Onion was going to do so anytime soon. I hope that eases off the confusion a little.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Oh gosh, I am terribly sorry for any confusion caused. I've been rather busy at the moment with various matters and the thought must have slipped my mind. Thanks Hazzat for the edit, I apologize for the negligence of not editing that post myself.

Just a thought - would any of you prefer to extend the deadline even after halloween, and use this as a regular horror contest, or do you think leaving it until Halloween would be a better idea? Thoughts are as usual, appreciated. Sorry for any additional mix up again.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

It is sure that at halloween is great but  personally, I definitely need more time and I'm sure a lot of people also need more

Sorry, My english is bad
Superben123122
http://www.youtube.com/user/superben123122?feature=mhee

Onion wrote:

Just a thought - would any of you prefer to extend the deadline even after halloween, and use this as a regular horror contest, or do you think leaving it until Halloween would be a better idea?

I'd rather see it stay at Hallowe'en. I've got a lot to do but the short amount of time left has actually made me work harder. Usually when the deadline's extended and I have got a lot of time left, I sit back far too often and then end up not entering.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

We might see some people making animations about the ever-extending deadline. That's a scary genre. There's a contest organizer who is deathly afraid of receiving just a few entries-so he extends the deadline. Now the people who entered are mad and want to redo their entries and the cries for blood fill the streets. Extra time given to the slackers is like Christmas in October. Extra scary.

Let's keep the Halloween date for the Halloween contest, okay?
Jared

I don't appreciate the sarcasm, Jared. This isn't your concern, and while I like input, I'd prefer something more civilized. You're a judge, and have had no part in organizing the competition, finding sponsors or anything. I'm trying to devise something that would work out in the favour of the contestants, myself, and BrickWarriors.

Also, this is a horror contest, not a Halloween contest - I just host it around this time because horror is more 'attractive' nearer Halloween. Please check with me before making accusations.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Settle down, please.

I would love to see this be extended, then I could actually finish my entry! mini/yes

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

Uploading my entry right now!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I don't really need the extension. And the whole after Halloween thing kind of ruins some of the fun. (I was planning on watching all the entries on Halloween) But if other people really need it, then you should extend it. But only extend the deadline a few days.

FOS ENTRY: Animation: 10% Done, Editing: 0% Done, Voice actors: 0%

I don't wanna make any compliment, Hal, but I agree that the deadline shouldn't be extended, since I think it just seems a bit weird if it doesn't end on Halloween, and most of us are already waiting for the results. If you worry you won't get much entries before the end, I wouldn't be worried. There's a lot of people entering, (as you can see) but they're just still working on their entries. Of course though, that much critisism wasn't needed, legogod. In that situation, you were really being immature. You could've just say you don't like the idea of another extension, and after all, it is Hal's competion, and it is his decision if he wants extend it again or not. You're only a judge, and this is really Hal's competion.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Actually, I'd rather you not extend the deadline, that way I can go on a 6 day powerhouse animating session. mini/tongue

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

Just a thought - would any of you prefer to extend the deadline even after halloween, and use this as a regular horror contest, or do you think leaving it until Halloween would be a better idea? Thoughts are as usual, appreciated.

It wasn't something I wanted, I was simply wondering if any of you want it. Thanks for the feedback anyway - yours especially Sfugity. The deadline is still -

Halloween.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

just did my first two shots after deciding to enter today

No problem! mini/smile

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

since the deadline has been extended to the 31st when will the winners be announced,and when i sent my entry was i suppose to tell onion what category i'm entering as.

4 more shots and then I'm done.

FOS ENTRY: Animation: 10% Done, Editing: 0% Done, Voice actors: 0%