Re: LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel+DC!)

I cannot currently see the photos on fbtb. I looked at them earlier though, and I am kind of disappointed with the DKR set mini/sad . Bane's Tumbler looks really bad, and the Bat just a little better. I might have to get this set just for the minifigs( mini/delirium ) and then part out or sell the rest.
EDIT:  I checked and Brickset.com still has the photos of the sets.
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=76001-1
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=76005-1

Last edited by JonnDthunDer (October 11, 2012 (10:47am))

^Thanks for the links!  Now I can see them. mini/bigsmile

The Daily Bugle set looks good, with a nice array of 'figs.  Though I don't understand what that huge thing on the building with a picture of J. Jonah Jameson is supposed to be....
(I'm not a huge Spidey fan, though, so I wasn't especially excited for this set.)

As for the Tumbler set... oh boy. mini/no
I was excited, especially after seeing the preliminary 'fig designs from SDCC, but this set is a let-down by comparison.  I mean, The Bat has BLUE in it?!?!  Seriously, LEGO?  It reminds me of the old TIE fighter, or the 1999 Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator--not a good precedent at all.  The Tumbler is downright puny and looks like a Tiny Turbo version rather than a 'fig-scale one. 
  And Batman still looks like the preliminary version shown at SDCC.  Why, why, why, especially after giving us that awesome 2011 SDCC Exclusive Batman minifig giveaway, must LEGO insist on rendering him in grey?!  (I've always wanted a black version!  It's so much more movie accurate and just looks so much better.)  His body printing looks far too silvery and shiny for my taste. 
  On the bright side, all the minifigures look great (even Batman is a huge improvement over the other versions released so far this past year).  Also, since this set is smaller than I expected, it will most likely be less expensive, which is great for me personally, as I mainly want to get the set for the minifigures and am inclined to try build vehicles/buildings from films out of my own parts instead of buying sets anyway.

Sorry for ranting a bit, I guess I got a little carried away... mini/confused

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 11, 2012 (01:15pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

The thing on the building with JJJ on it is a bunch of TV screens put together and broadcasting JJJ asking "Who is Spiderman?" I'm a fan of the old Stan Lee comics, and that was one of JJJ's motives - to find out who Spidey is, and to make him stop being a hero. mini/tongue

I looked at the sets a bit more and I think this may work. 
The Bat in 76001 would be fine if the blue was replaced with black, or even dark gray, and the flick fire mini/madhead  missiles are removed.  As for the cameo Tumbler... mini/eek I don't think there's any help for that.

76005: This is better than I thought it would be.  The building is fine, in a tiny sort of way.  I really like JJJ and Dr. Doom (though he may seem a bit too cartoony.  Understandable, since it is based off a cartoon mini/tongue ). I don't know anything about the other two figs, except that they look pretty cool!  Does the dumpster play into the cartoon episode?  I think the board with JJJ's face doesn't look too good, just because it is stickers so there is too much of a border around the image. I don't get the weird jet thing at all mini/confused .  As for the building, I think that if you could afford two of these, combining the buildings might look good.

Just a few of my ideas.
Does anyone know what set is supposed to have Nick Fury?  Was it the Spider Cycle Chase? 

ps. If you haven't seen these, check out the stuff about halfway down this page.
http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/? … r%20Heroes
It has the names of the upcoming Superheroes sets.  I hope the Iron Man III sets are good.  About that Marvel 4 ... mini/confused

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

The thing on the building with JJJ on it is a bunch of TV screens put together and broadcasting JJJ asking "Who is Spiderman?" I'm a fan of the old Stan Lee comics, and that was one of JJJ's motives - to find out who Spidey is, and to make him stop being a hero. mini/tongue

I see what you mean, but the TV screens don't look too much like... TV screens,( mini/tongue ) which is why I feel they look a little iffy.

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

Those are the most adorable Batman vehicles I've ever seen. Sold.

I was really hoping for a black tumbler, as I wasn't interested in Batman when the Tumbler vs Joker's Ice Cream Truck was released so I didn't buy it. Still, the figures should be worthwhile. Also, FlyingMinifig, due to it being an official licensed set, it's highly likely that Lego will bump up the price, regardless of size... That Tumbler truly is just too tiny to be of any use.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

Genzarata wrote:

Also, FlyingMinifig, due to it being an official licensed set, it's highly likely that Lego will bump up the price, regardless of size...

Well, what I meant is that when I initially heard the name of the set and saw the minifigs, I thought the set was larger than it actually is (or apparently will be)--and hence more expensive.  Since I mainly want to get the set for the minifigs anyway (I've already built a fig-scale Tumbler out of my own parts) it's rather advantageous that the price is going to lower than I thought it would be. mini/wink

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 13, 2012 (02:15pm))

FlyingMinifig wrote:
Genzarata wrote:

Also, FlyingMinifig, due to it being an official licensed set, it's highly likely that Lego will bump up the price, regardless of size...

Well, what I meant is that when I initially heard the name of the set and saw the minifigs, I thought the set was larger than it actually is (or apparently will be)--and hence more expensive.  Since I mainly want to get the set for the minifigs anyway (I've already built a fig-scale Tumbler out of my own parts) it's rather advantageous that the price is going to lower than I thought it would be. mini/wink

I see your point. I'm probably going to get it for the figures as well - we've been waiting too long for a Commissioner Gordon minifigure.

Well look at this.  There are photos (albeit, not very god ones) of two new super hero sets:
76000-1: Batman vs. Mr Freeze - Aquaman on Ice
76004-1: Spider-Man - Spider-Cycle Chase

Here are the photos:
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/76000-1.jpg
http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/76004-1.jpg

I'm guessing both of these will be about 20 dollars.  The Spider-man one looks really strange...I guess that's because I haven't seen the show.  Anyways, it's a car with rotating wheels and a motorcycle sort of thing...AND BOTH OF THEM FLY mini/eek  ??  I will probably have to get this set just for Venom and (it appears) Nick Fury.  The green truck looks sort of cool if you turn the wheels.  These are the minigfigs revealed a while back (at comic-con?)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB-bP8-rTFvWpN4047Ya9f3W-_qNL-c7pwkyz0f6ZPjYrSVSpspQ
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhFwrRJf9HKdyybyRNS2WgqkPDzZ42_tPqGrVf2oDtOGToRUCMUg

Nick Fury seems a bit bland, but Venom looks awesome!

I don't like Batman as much as Marvel, but this set looks pretty cool.  I hear this Mr. Freeze is based off of the Arkham City video game.  Again, the best part of this is the minifigs.  A white Batman is certainly new, and that face on Mr. Freeze is plain scary!  I'm glad to see we're getting more Justice League superheroes.  With Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Superman, we've got quite a few good ones.  Lucky people that got the Green Lantern minifig.
Minifig photos:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVrz19DREN3Of5MstIfdmiSm3f2WO-hCY-v0BlUecstXIf5JffBw
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTez5ck6kdRgI4KZdElQIVnVBvrliK3-29oypV9UAbgjlbJxaGn
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHW_1bJZAn3GvSkBfk8qqsxDSkTbkpaY42gu865yTiHOZrKdKEZw

I think both of these sets have some AMAZING mini/delirium new minifigs...there goes at least 40 bucks!

So that's why Mr. Freeze's suit looks like that...

That set is now on my "wanted" list, because of that awesome white Batman.  And it looks like it's going to be relatively cheap, too! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (October 19, 2012 (01:21pm))

I prefer the original Mr.Freeze, which I am fortunate enough to have, but Batman's suit and that awesome Bat vehicle (I have no idea what to call it...) ill make this set worthwhile. And Nick Fury! A must for Avengers brickfilms.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

I'm wondering who the exclusive figure will be...Not that it really matters since I'm sure I'll be getting this anyway. mini/wink

White Batman looks silly.

@ANP.
*ice cream Batman. he's covered in ice cream cause it dont freeze solid, so he can fight mr freeze with out getting freeze'd...... true.... ish.... jk

The Justice League!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mKbWrG76scg/UPXPAYMsy-I/AAAAAAAAATg/wMcTDvWTdog/s1329/LEGO+Justice+League.JPG

While I do agree that the Tumbler and the Bat look rather puny and less threatening, something about them really makes me want them. And about The Bat having blue pieces in it, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find black pieces lying around to replace them.

So I'm probably going to buy one, sue me (I'm kidding that's a bad idea, I don't like being sued).

Why LEGO? mini/sad
The one time you release a Clark Kent minifigure, and it has to be in a $17 DVD set that I'd never buy otherwise.

And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the UK Toy Fair scoop.

I bet you'll be able to find it on sale before too very long.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Why LEGO? mini/sad
The one time you release a Clark Kent minifigure, and it has to be in a $17 DVD set that I'd never buy otherwise.

And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the UK Toy Fair scoop.

Uh, that's the DVD that your Tongal Batman brickfilm is going to be on... why wouldn't you buy it? mini/shifty

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (January 25, 2013 (10:38am))