Re: Post Your Story Ideas

That's good thinking, ANP. It always varies because of originals/prints, the fame of the artist, the size, etc. I've seen some for five dollars or less. A lot of times they are like studies by art students as well as the classic kitsch landscapes.

I have a winter  painting,  sadly the frame is to big for me to use as a backdrop.

My other screenplay idea is like you know that Food Network show "Chopped?" Well I am going to make one called "Sliced," where, if you lose the challenge, you get literally sliced. Sliced into "mystery meat", which the participants l8er have to cook with as the secret ingredient. I made another cooking show parody called Idiot Eats with Carl and Zobert, and it was pretty awful, I only uploaded the first episode which I think is still on my channel (we never finished the second lolol) but I really enjoyed filming food and food preparation an I feel like Sliced could be much better if I did it right. I also like making fun of cheesy over the top reality TV, and this would be a great oppurtunity to use some really crappy royalty free music (ironically, of course!)

I haven't posted my idea for my grand screenplay that I'm working on right now, nor do I plan to post it. It's totally secret right now. (Actually the idea is on another forum but you'd have to google a lot to find it please don't though)

topitmunkeydog wrote:

if you lose the challenge, you get literally sliced. Sliced into "mystery meat", which the participants l8er have to cook with as the secret ingredient.

I love this concept.

I already have a separate thread about this, but I thought I would post it here as well in order to spark some interest.

I am currently developing a fantasy mini-series titled Silantro

The basic plot revolves around a dragon named Silantro who must return the daugher (who goes by the name of Jupiter of the King of England who was accidentally left behind in battle 17 years prior.

There will be several subplots in the series, including the King's desire for revenge on Silantro, the King's Starscream-like right-hand man trying to win over the [the King's] favor despite constantly defying his orders, etc.

Story-wise, I can best describe it as "Lord of the Rings meets The Jungle Book meets Princess Mononoke". I intend for the series to have a semi-serious (and sometimes even dark) tone, with some moments of comedy relief.

As of right now, the only characters with names are Silantro (the dragon) and Jupiter (the King's daughter).

As of right now, I have the first drafts of the first and (maybe?) third episode written and I will be holding auditions once I have the final drafts written and all of the characters named and designed.

Well, I'm chucking out some old ideas if anyone wants them. I have too many ideas and not enough time (or inclination) to film them all.

Strum
Not a single film idea as such, Strum is an alternate dimension centering around music. Roads are made like sheets of music, stuff like that. There's a place called Hard Rock Peak, on the Screaming Mountain, where the Lord of Rock often practices his music. It's pretty crazy.

Anyway, a man in the normal world finds a set of skanky bagpipes, which open a portal to Strum. He doesn't know any instruments himself, and he's really dour, hates music and is really misanthropic. Anyway, his adventure in Strum teaches him the joys of life, and it teaches him that through music. It's a bit like The Phantom Tollbooth, if anyone's ever read that.

ZomBeach
Two zombies go to the beach one day, but all the human beachgoers get scared and run away, even when the zombies do nice things like offer to apply sun cream or help kids build sandcastles. In the end, the zombies are sad, but then realise they have the beach to themselves and [insert cliched build-the-biggest-sandcastle-ever-then-run-off-into-the-water cliched cliche of clichedom].

Insanity Clown
The world's weirdest and most dangerous superhero, he should ideally have this head and a clownesque superhero outfit. His powers are laser vision, an 'insanity stare', super spinning and super strength, and possibly flight too. Basically, he's so crazy that he's just as much of a danger to himself and to civilians as he is to the bad guys, and he's completely crazy. When he does laser vision, the beams spin around and go all over the place. A film could basically be from the police's point of view, trying extra hard to keep crime low to stop Insanity Clown coming to the rescue and making things worse. Could even be done like a talking head documentary.

Another idea I had was that some kids see a rainbow and try to find the end, but fail. They give up, thinking that adults were right and the end of a rainbow can't be caught because it isn't real. Meanwhile, some Native Americans find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and say something like "Another one?", hinting that they're constantly finding the ends of rainbows that people in urban areas see. Something like that.

Feel free to use any of those, or to take elements from them. If you do, please send me a link to the final film, as I'd be interesting to see what you've done!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

That clown idea is cool jampot. mini/lol

I have way too many ideas, but these are the ones I'm doing for sure.
(some even have been storyboarded).

"Ambush 2" A sequel to my first film. Doesn't have a proper title yet.
It will feature Edward being as incompetent as ever.
It might have voice acting.

The Frost Giant: A love story Society tries to tear apart a strangle couple.

This one doesn't have a title yet. It's about a an extremely obnoxious girl who is a supposed to be super "hero" but would rather do anything but help people. Leaves the other supers to clean up her messes and causes more harm than the villains.

An untitled ninjago story where Lloyd fights a dragon. (Not the most original but I want to test out animating some dragons).

"The Eyes" A man falls down a hole an into a nightmare land.

"The end is neigh"Another man falls down a hole, but ends up somewhere far worse. And there is horses. mini/eek

I have some other ideas I'm gonna work on but can't say much about without spoiling the whole thing (most are really short)
Memoria - This is the one I'm working on now, half the sets are built and the script it written.
The Horse!
Origin
Playtime
And a concept trailer.

I am thinking of doing a series of films about 2-5 minutes each about a very over powered guy with magic-like abilities named Octan Man. Yeah came up with that name 5 years ago lol

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

topitmunkeydog wrote:

My other screenplay idea is like you know that Food Network show "Chopped?" Well I am going to make one called "Sliced," where, if you lose the challenge, you get literally sliced. Sliced into "mystery meat", which the participants l8er have to cook with as the secret ingredient. I made another cooking show parody called Idiot Eats with Carl and Zobert, and it was pretty awful, I only uploaded the first episode which I think is still on my channel (we never finished the second lolol) but I really enjoyed filming food and food preparation an I feel like Sliced could be much better if I did it right. I also like making fun of cheesy over the top reality TV, and this would be a great oppurtunity to use some really crappy royalty free music (ironically, of course!)

I haven't posted my idea for my grand screenplay that I'm working on right now, nor do I plan to post it. It's totally secret right now. (Actually the idea is on another forum but you'd have to google a lot to find it please don't though)

That is gruesome. That is all. All in all, brilliant.
My concept was maybe a Lego man trying to do something cool, but realizing the reality of a piece of plastic trying to do parkou being impossible (???). I need an idea mini/sad .

Last edited by TehDarkter (April 6, 2014 (04:32pm))

██████░░████░░░░
░░██░░░░██░░██░░
░░██░░░░██░░██░░
░░██░░░░████░░░░

TehDarkter wrote:

the reality of a piece of plastic trying to do parkou being impossible (???)

Actually, no...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
TehDarkter wrote:

the reality of a piece of plastic trying to do parkou being impossible (???)

Actually, no...

Not like that...
I meant as in if a LEGO man tried doing parkour or fly or teleport, bu:/ t he realizes that he is only LEGO....

██████░░████░░░░
░░██░░░░██░░██░░
░░██░░░░██░░██░░
░░██░░░░████░░░░

Oh, I'm sorry. I misinterpreted your post. I think this is a good idea, and I can help you with that.

There are two minifigures. And one of them dares the other to jump over a hole in the sidewalk. The "dare-ee" says, "You're on.", and he turns to face the big hole. He starts to the hole, and fixes to jump, but he stops in his tracks. His legs wobble around on the baseplate, and he strains to jump. But he can't. The darer starts toward the dare-ee, and asks him, "What's wrong? Can't you jump?". The dare-ee replies with, "I'm afraid not. In order to make minfigs jump, you need a good masking program. And sadly, the animator doesn't have one." The screen then cuts to a live-action shot of you, apologizing.

(And I know you probably do have a masking program, but it would support the joke much better if you said you didn't.)

How does that sound?

Last edited by Mickey (April 6, 2014 (08:04pm))

I have a few ideas for my future projects.
First , I want to make a fantasy series like Game of Thrones,I've already started writing the script.
The story of six people known as:
The Druids,The Knight,The Thief,The Exile,The Barbarian and The Wizard of the Runes.
My main source is Song of Ice and Fire of George Martins and The Hobbit of Tolkien.
I want to give a fairytale atmosphere.
The second ideas,is on American soldiers deserters who steal money from a sheikh.
The inspiration,of course,I have been given by the video game Battlefield Bad Company.

-  Don't trust of the squirrels   -

So after seeing this build here I really want to do a brickfilm involving a theme park/water park, but have little to no clue how to make a story around a theme park/water park. All I've got so far is that the 'characters' at the park (in the album they're Chima) could really be alive, but that's as far as I've got. I'm also not sure how much work I'd want to put into a theme park/water park animation alongside my other projects.

Any suggestions?

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The water suddenly gets filled with chemicals and starts turning people into... ZOMBIES!!!:o

I'm not the best at story writing, as the sentence above explains, but i've got an absolutely great idea for a movie (which i'm probably going to realise in some time). A depth interview with a "DJ". Basically it's going to have loads of critisism and sarcasm on modern day dance music, as i absolutey loathe it.

So it's going to be about a kid, he'se 15, nearly turning 16 though! He'se torrented Fruity Loops, messed around for an hour, downloaded a crappy sample pack then put a beat under his preset-filled mess. It turned viral on YouTube. He didn't want to get signed by anyone because they didn't like his average electro-track... that's just because the labels he sent his junk to most likely are a bunch of olde-time critics who can't stand anything. Then finally, he gets signed by Spinning Records. Because. The interviewer asks him about how he mixes his stuff. He then goes on to talk about his excellent program he has for it, Virtual DJ, whilst he rambles on about his also excellent DJ controller. Then we get to see him play a show live. He stands in front of the crowd, ready to make everything go crazy... And then he just pushes a button on his controller and waves his hands non-stop for the rest two hours. mini/lol After the buildup, the track goes crazy on a repeated bass drum sample! Woohoo!! And if that wasn't enough, in the middle there's also going to be a fan explaining his love for "drops" and "deep bass"! As he explains, his favourite tracks sound amazing when you're standing near to the boxes... hopefully.

In an extra scene, we'll be seeing our main protagonist have physio excersizes with a trainer. In the end, hard work (or arm waving, maybe) can cause some health problems every now and then!

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

Basically it's going to have loads of critisism and sarcasm on modern day dance music, as i absolutey loathe it.

Glad I'm not the only one.

This sounds like a great idea for a film, as long as you get the amount of biting hatred right. Too little won't work, but equally too aserbic might turn viewers away, especially those who are ambivalent about or even like dance music.

Do you have the actual DJ minifig from the collectible series? Because that torso would work well for the protagonist.

that sounds hilarious! I absolutely loathe bad djs (even though one could consider me to be one, i don't pretend to be otherwise because i just started learning) but yes. this is good.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

I absolutely loathe bad djs (even though one could consider me to be one, i don't pretend to be otherwise because i just started learning)

This. Yeah, i must admit that i also have Virtual DJ and a controller because i'm absolutely inexperienced on doing any DJ-related stuff, but i'm trying to at least manage to mix something.

signature

One idea I've been thinking about a lot lately is a music for Mr. Jones by the Talking Heads, Mr. Jones would be a shark man in a tuxedo, the camera would be a fixed position for the entire video, and the sets would slide off camera as the song verses changed. It would need to be very precisely story boarded for it to be feasible.

Anther music video I'd like to make would be She Wanted To Leave but instead of his true love being some lass, it would be the shark man minifig, and instead of his true love leaving him for 3 pirates they would leave him for 3 Eldritch horrors from the depths.

Basically I'm obsessed with the shark man minifig.

SlothPaladin wrote:

One idea I've been thinking about a lot lately is a music for Mr. Jones by the Talking Heads, Mr. Jones would be a shark man in a tuxedo, the camera would be a fixed position for the entire video, and the sets would slide off camera as the song verses changed. It would need to be very precisely story boarded for it to be feasible.

That's a great song, and I'd love to see a LEGO music video made for it.