Re: LEGO Collectable Minifigures Discussion Thread

Mason wrote:

To me, the "butcher" (guy with meat and butcher's knife in hand) looks more like an employee at a 1960's ice cream parlor shop (without the knife and meat of course)! I think it's the bow tie that makes the illusion appear (It is a bow tie right? I may be mistaken with the low quality image).

An ice cream shop guy would be a good double usage for that minifig. It's probably the hat that makes him look like that. And yes, that's a bow tie. I saw a higher-res version of that image.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

mini/love I want those minifigures...

Although, I'm wondering: why must some minifigures each series be rehashes of a previous series?  I mean, the genie and the minotaur look really cool, but we've already had 2 skateboarder minifigures!  Why make another one?  I suppose it just gets hard thinking up 16 unique minifigures.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6098151743_b26c6b4522.jpg

They do a lot of rehashes like that because they want make as many minfigs as possible. They do that so they have as many series as possible, and therefore as much money as possible. They mix in some of the rehashes with the ones that have never been done before so the last few series aren't all rehashes. But hey, at least the rehashes have new face prints and torso prints. I like all of the minfigs because every one of them has a new part/print. Having them greatly increases the possiblites in minifig design and provides parts that wouldn't be made in a set.

AbsurdAnimations wrote:

but we've already had 2 skateboarder minifigures!  Why make another one?

It's so LEGO don't come across as being sexist. At least that's my guess.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Only crazy people really care about gender equality in toys. I don't think that's the reason.

Onion wrote:

My most hated: Leprechaun (It's so damn stereotypically irish)

I'm going to use most of his clothes and his hat for the "mad Hatter" in my batman series.

The legs are exactly what I need for my custom Leprechaun. mini/smile

Onion wrote:

My most hated: Leprechaun (It's so damn stereotypically irish)

How is it stereotypical if that's how a Leprechaun is described?

minifig051 wrote:

They do a lot of rehashes like that because they want make as many minfigs as possible. They do that so they have as many series as possible, and therefore as much money as possible. They mix in some of the rehashes with the ones that have never been done before so the last few series aren't all rehashes. But hey, at least the rehashes have new face prints and torso prints. I like all of the minfigs because every one of them has a new part/print. Having them greatly increases the possiblites in minifig design and provides parts that wouldn't be made in a set.

I can understand how more choices = more money, but personally, I would rather have five really unique minifigures per series than 16 minifigures with some rehashes.  I do agree that it is nice that we get different head/torso/leg pieces, but it would be nice if they gave us some different accessories as well, because pretty much the whole reason I buy them is for the accessories.  But oh well, it doesn't really matter seeing as your choice of minifigure is completely random, and you're more likely to get the same minifigure twice.

Onion wrote:

It's so LEGO don't come across as being sexist. At least that's my guess.

You do have a point, but now that I think about it, my guess is price.  Practically all the new minifigures have a new accessory/hair piece/head piece, and new pieces are really quite expensive to make, as they have to make an entire new mold for each piece.  I assume that it would be a whole lot cheaper to just make a new torso design and reuse old molds for the accessories than to create a whole new piece.  Or maybe Lego decided to kill two birds with one stone so they could not seem sexist and save money at the same time. mini/tongue

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6098151743_b26c6b4522.jpg

I NEED THAT FREAKING LEPRECHAUN!
NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!
mini/eek

My, oh my, that pink Spacewoman is wonderful. The genie seems rather Disney-inspired.

Jargon wrote:

My, oh my, that pink Spacewoman is wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo
mini/tongue

Those look really cool. I especially like the Statue of Liberty.
*puts hand on heart*

I finally took a look at the Series 5 minifigs on Eurobricks. I almost fell over and died.

Classic detective?
80s woman that looks like Olivia Newton John?
Graduate?
Grenadier Guard?
Cave woman?
Godzilla?
Wood Cutter WITH AN AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL AXE!?!?!?
Circus Clown?
Boxer?

I just died and went to heaven.

Cave women? That sounds kinda like they couldn't think of another minifig.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

about a month ago I bought the pilot (series 3), and the space alien (series 3) at my local Lego shop mini/smile

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Yesterday, I went to the Lego shop in Annapolis (I think that's how you spell it) and bought like 2 mini figures, one was the Chinese Lady from either series 3 or 4. I'm glad I went a Lego shop finally.

-LASF

Onion wrote:

Series 6 preliminary images are now out!
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads//1312047316/gallery_2351_21_132692.jpg

NERD WANT. NAOW.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

Yesterday, I went to the Lego shop in Annapolis (I think that's how you spell it) and bought like 2 mini figures, one was the Chinese Lady from either series 3 or 4. I'm glad I went a Lego shop finally.

The "Chinese Lady" is from Series 4 (orange package).

What was the other minfig?

Lego stores are a bad place to get the minifigs if you want a complete set. The Lego store is the only place people know for certain that they're there. When I go there, there's only one or two boxes at the register that look picked over. When I went there last year to get Series 2 , there were only 10 unique ones. I got a duplicate by accident. (I used the barcodes to identify them before opening.)

Caidence wrote:

mod edit - do NOT quote posts that big

Haven't the minifigures series 4 and 5 come out?There's an edit button,you know.

KinzCove wrote:

STEAK? BUTCHER KNIFE? GENIE? mini/bigsmile THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. when do they come out?

Those look cool!!!I hope they're real!!!

Last edited by Troodon (August 7, 2011 (04:00pm))