Topic: Brick effects/bouncy animation test

up on the youtubes

Re: Brick effects/bouncy animation test

Nice! I like the brick built effects.

backyardlegos wrote:

Nice! I like the brick built effects.

Thanks!

Vertigo asked to see a frame-by-frame breakdown, so if anybody else was interested here's one (I cut out most of the frames that didn't have anything important going on, by the way).

This is really awesome! Nice animation. I really love the brick built blur I didn't even notice it the first few times I watched it. But it really adds something to the animation.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

love these smear frames, I should try incorporating it in my own work.

This looks great! I've wanted to see those effects in stop motion since the trailer dropped. You're off to a good start. 

Most of the smears work for me (I especially like the second jump), but the final smear sticks out. I'm not sure the long tip-smear works for a small action like that. It's longer than the actual action which might have something to do with it. Also, you should try some more expressive posing on the landings, make em dynamic! Then charge up some energy and have the ninja put some power into the jumps, make us believe in the acrobatics. You actually do that quite well in the second jump, apply that philosophy to everything.

Thank you for sharing, I hope to see more! Lots to experiment with here.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg