Topic: SHIELD Declassified: Nova VS Carnage?

Directory Link

SHIELD Declassified: Nova VS Carnage?

YouTube

File #073: Recorded encounter between Nova (alias Suki Yumiko) and Carnage (alias Cletus Kasady). Agent Deyton wickery recovered five hours after encounter.

I filmed it in an afternoon because I was excited to get the new Carnage set. It's not a very good short, but yay for the new title sequence, yay for doing something that's not 8 minutes long again, and yay for introducing an OC as Nova. Boo for the current state of the MBU.

Hope you enjoy, though I know this really isn't very good at all and you probably won't.

Last edited by jampot (July 3, 2015 (02:10pm))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: SHIELD Declassified: Nova VS Carnage?

The voice acting could use a little work

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I had a chuckle.  I understand it was a bit rushed, I too have made brickfilms based off of sets or pieces I just got.  One thing for me was some of the framing felt a bit off, like when nova jumped over the side of the building, you couldn't see the top of her head for a few frames.  It was an enjoyable little short though.

Thanks for the responses!

Tims Videos wrote:

The voice acting could use a little work

That's one of the reasons I'm quite meh about this after having been so excited to film it. Normally I spend ages casting but I was forced into a corner with who I used for Carnage, and for Nova I just needed to find someone quickly. Because of home circumstances I didn't know when I was going to be able. In future appearances, I will likely recast.

Greenshirt wrote:

One thing for me was some of the framing felt a bit off, like when nova jumped over the side of the building, you couldn't see the top of her head for a few frames.

Totally agree. This was quite rushed but I didn't put in as much thought as I normally do, since I wanted to bang out the shots while I was still hyped on having the set. The shot you mention is one in particular that I would have liked to have redone had I had the time.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

No.
The animation and voice acting are on point as usual, but there was one thing about this video that killed me. Carnage. Carnage is a killer, a savage beast. I feel you didn't do him much justice and made him too talky. Sorry if its harsh, but Carnage is one of my favourite villains.

funmiproductions wrote:

No.
The animation and voice acting are on point as usual, but there was one thing about this video that killed me. Carnage. Carnage is a killer, a savage beast. I feel you didn't do him much justice and made him too talky. Sorry if its harsh, but Carnage is one of my favourite villains.

I can sort of understand what you're saying, but that wasn't the point of this brickfilm. It wasn't meant to be a brickfilm of Carnage slaughtering people, it was centered on a joke about SHIELD agents essentially being Marvel's red shirts. There was no need to have Carnage kill people in this brickfilm at all.

I'm afraid my only experiences of him in the comics have been Maximum Carnage and AXIS, and in the former in particular he spends a lot of time doing stereotypical-villain-monologuing, which is what his rant in the middle was a nerdy homage to. So I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but I was being faithful to the comics as far as I could without derailing the point of the brickfilm.

The place to see Carnage murder people will be his appearance in an upcoming episode of theLEGObrickz's Spectacular Spider-Man series. He's set to make his first appearance, his MBU origin, there in a few episodes' time. If his treatment of Venom is anything to go by, hopefully you'll find it more satisfactory.