Topic: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Directory Link

[BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

YouTube

For a better cinematography and picture quality, please watch the film in Full HD.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

This was my favorite entry so far. Awesome job, Loic!

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Oh man, that was some amazing cinematography. Kudos.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Beautiful, Loic! Beautiful.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

This film is really good, I mean really good.  I love your interpretation of the theme so much.  It's very clever and feels really deep.

You did a wonderful job on the selection of music, and the animation for such a big fight and also the sound of war is really impressive.
I applaud you, sir Strange Villain.

I'll try to remember to watch this on the TV later when I have a chance.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

That was beautiful, your cinema photography is gorgeous and the interoperation was very good.

Very impressed.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Of all the entries I have seen so far this one probably best describes the topic.

Anyways, great animation, lighting, editing, and everything was perfect. 5 stars. mini/bigsmile

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Oh, wow.
Amazing job on creating and sustaining the chaotic atmosphere. It was beautiful to say the least.
Sure, there isn't as much story as many others, but what is here is very good.

I'd like to break away form the others and say that something just looks off. I think the contrast is a bit too high, but that may not be it.

Anyway, it's one of best that I've seen so far. Thanks for entering and making the beauty.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Thanks all!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I think the contrast is a bit too high, but that may not be it.

The high-contrast is an artistic choice.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

When I saw some of your frames, I was kinda iffy on the high-contrast, but I like it in the entry. It's really stylistic and looks really cool.

Overall, this is a great entry, and I'm sure it'll contend really high up in the judging. mini/smile

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

The only thing that I didn't like was the man shaking, it ruined the atmosphere for me. Otherwise, the most engaging entry I have seen so far.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

The lighting was really good. And the cinematogefy was really good. Not a lot  that I didn't like except the dichitol zooms.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Really nice job with this! Very creative and also slightly avant-garde. I really enjoyed the sped up shots of the fight scene. On a side note, the camera shake looked good, but when it changed to being just still images of his face and the flower, it was a bit too distracting and drastic. Perhaps if those still images had camera shake that was a lot less subtle and smooth it would have looked better. Overall though, this was a nice short and a solid entry! I liked most of your color grading as well.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Thanks for the comments!

Repelling Spider wrote:

On a side note, the camera shake looked good, but when it changed to being just still images of his face and the flower, it was a bit too distracting and drastic. Perhaps if those still images had camera shake that was a lot less subtle and smooth it would have looked better.

I understand your point of view, but the ''drastic effect'' was made intentionally. I wanted to show how

Spoiler (click to read)

the main character suddenly stop worrying about the chaos.

I know some people may not like the style of the film, but the main subject is the Chaos, and I wanted a cinematography that fits to this idea.

Thank you for your really nice review!

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Wonderful work Loic! This is a very impressive entry and I like how it fit with the theme.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Loïc F-B wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

Repelling Spider wrote:

On a side note, the camera shake looked good, but when it changed to being just still images of his face and the flower, it was a bit too distracting and drastic. Perhaps if those still images had camera shake that was a lot less subtle and smooth it would have looked better.

I understand your point of view, but the ''drastic effect'' was made intentionally. I wanted to show how

Spoiler (click to read)

the main character suddenly stop worrying about the chaos.

I know some people may not like the style of the film, but the main subject is the Chaos, and I wanted a cinematography that fits to this idea.

Thank you for your really nice review!

Yeah, I totally got what you were going for in having the camera shake stop. I guess the main thing that I didn't like about it was the use of plain still images for a long duration. Generally it doesn't look good in a brickfilm. It worked though for what you were trying to convey, so perhaps I'm just being picky. mini/smile

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Nice film, really nice. Love the contrast in the frames, normally that doesn't look good, but it was awesome with this style of film. Nice animation, not perfect, but still quite good. Overall, one of my favorite entries.

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

Great cinematography, Loïc! You deserve to win! Good luck! mini/smile

http://lego-star.pagesperso-orange.fr/images/signature-france-et-alex-BIM.jpg

Re: [BRAWL 2013] Outlook Of A Myopic

When I first saw the title, I thought this was going to be a comedy.  mini/lol

Anyway, this is a great film.  I really liked the premise (it was an interesting take on the theme), and even though the film was short, it was nevertheless effective.  The cinematography was very well done, too.  Fantastic work!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive