http://i53.tinypic.com/hwd9qr.png

Re: [FoS 2 Entry] Camping

Wow, thanks! mini/bigsmile

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP

your getting pretty good! mini/bigsmile

Thanks Coyote Creek mini/bigsmile I still have those dang quality problems mini/confused

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP

Well, I saw it and...it didn't really scare me. I'm sorry, I don't think you managed to create a suspenceful atmosphere. The story was quite predictable, too. And the pace, it was too fast: you need to take your time to make a good atmosphere for a horror movie, it's hard to make something really scary in less than 2 minutes.
The animation was fine, nothing fatastic. And something that didn't help in making the movie scary was the sound. Sound and music. For the music, you used Kevin Mcleod, and I can understand that you used that because you were out of time (still, after a while it becomes a bit annoying hearing always the same stuff in every single video), but for the sound, you could have searched for more fitting sound effects. I don't think a fish that hits the ground does that sound that you put, and

Spoiler (click to read)

that scream at the end would be something I'd put in a movie for comedic effect, it doesn't fit very well here

, and plus some of them were out of synch with the video.
Then, lighting. While he was at the light of the day everything was fine, it looked realistic enough. But when nighttime came, it didn't look night. It looks like you put a filter in front of it, or used a shorter time of exposure: it doesn't work if you don't know how to do it fine.
Last thing: cinematography. The angles were all very similar, with a few exceptions. Either the camera was always way too close to the main character, or far from him. You need to do close ups some times. Also, he was almost always in front at the camera and at the center, try to change that.
That's all I can say for now, I don't know how to tell you how to improve all these things, but I think that for now telling you what can be improved is enough. I hope this could help you in someway. 2/5

Haha, I wanted to get it done fast xD
I understand that the night light looks bad. I just used less light from my (bad) lamps (pointing them away from my set), I made a cradle for my C910 and thats way the angles are almost the same. Do you know a good way to practice or test angles?
For music in newer films I might try some compositing programs. mini/smile Or other music sites. Well, I tried to use some of the not so much used tracks on Kevins Webpage.

Ok, so to make a list of to-dos:
-Practice my cinematography
-Work on sound design
-Night lighting (I guess Vegeas has a good effect for that)
-Practice animation
-Practice to make a fitting atmosphere in videos

Thanks MPfist0! That helped a lot.
Anything else? mini/smile

-FBS

I need a new name! HELP

I'm glad I helped.
Btw: I don't think the point is practice angles. The point is to study your scene, think on what angle could be done in that situation, or watch how other filmmakers solved the problem in similar situations. I guess a good way to learn how to create a good atmosphere with cinematography is by watching other movies. Cinematography also has much to do with lighting.
For the soundtracks, doing some research on classical music may be helpful. There is some interesting stuff there, just try not to use overused classical pieces, but in case you're going to try composing music yourself, that's a good way to start, at least you'll have something original.