Re: Summer Contest: Fright and Fear

Will Francis wrote:

But if we talk about this topic I would like to ask: can brickfilm be about a unobvious sense of fear? Like for example the fear of missed opportunities or the fear of making a mistake

I am pretty sure that would be fine.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Will Francis wrote:

But if we talk about this topic I would like to ask: can brickfilm be about a unobvious sense of fear? Like for example the fear of missed opportunities or the fear of making a mistake

Sure, it would be really cool to see a movie where there’s only speculation about a danger but it’s never seen. Psychological fear is also a great idea.

BCStrike wrote:

Sweet, can’t wait, just bought a LEGO set That’s gonna be great for this.

Though I’m probably not going to enter:(

Last edited by BCStrike (August 5, 2020 (11:27am))

Youtube - Twitter - Facebook - Discord
https://bricksafe.com/files/BCStrike/Untitled%20design%20165.png
Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Ephesians 4:1

Check out what I’m working on for Fright and Fear!  Current Project: The Revenge of the Pants

Just wondering, can I post a trailer on my channel that has clips from my project?

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

Just wondering, can I post a trailer on my channel that has clips from my project?

Yes, that's acceptable, just make sure to not publish the final product early! I'd also recommend a rule of thumb of not showing a majority of the footage early, as well.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

Yes, that's acceptable, just make sure to not publish the final product early! I'd also recommend a rule of thumb of not showing a majority of the footage early, as well.

Okay, great!

I'm happy to announce that we got our first official entry! mini/delirium

sebas wrote:

I'm happy to announce that we got our first official entry! mini/delirium

Wow! Congrats, whoever that is.

Nice one entry! I'm running a quick test and then I'm going to make my horror film.

Hey, this is my signature. My youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/bosskinglegoproductions

We got less than a month left everyone! hope your entries are coming along well mini/bigsmile

I have a question so I have my story down so I know what I wanna do for my film, but it’s not like super scary it’s sort of just kind of intense at a part,  would that still be eligible in the contest? The scene is just kind of intense the guy is looking around trying to see what he just heard and the music it’s all dramatic would that still be eligible? Because he is afraid but he doesn’t know of what.

Last edited by BCStrike (August 5, 2020 (11:29am))

BCStrike wrote:

I have a question so I have my story down so I know what I wanna do for my film, but it’s not like super scary it’s sort of just kind of intense at a part,  would that still be eligible in the contest? The scene is just kind of intense the guy is looking around trying to see what he just heard and the music it’s all dramatic would that still be eligible? Because he is afraid but he doesn’t know of what.

That's perfectly acceptable! We're not trying to make people follow one genre. If you think it has any elements that may fit in "Fright and Fear", go for it! mini/tongue

sebas wrote:
BCStrike wrote:

That's perfectly acceptable! We're not trying to make people follow one genre. If you think it has any elements that may fit in "Fright and Fear", go for it! mini/tongue

Ok, Awesome mini/bigsmile

Last edited by BCStrike (August 5, 2020 (02:17pm))

I know that it is extremely discouraged to add movie music, but do you think it would be ok if i was going to make it as a reference, so what happens is my protagonist walks into a restaurant and it starts playing the cantina band song, but ya, I know its a stupid question, I was wondering just incase get disqualified or whatever for having a reference in my film.

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

toad productions wrote:

I know that it is extremely discouraged to add movie music, but do you think it would be ok if i was going to make it as a reference, so what happens is my protagonist walks into a restaurant and it starts playing the cantina band song, but ya, I know its a stupid question, I was wondering just incase get disqualified or whatever for having a reference in my film.

It wouldn't get disqualified. It's a perfectly fine justification of the music. The rule exists to discourage people from simply using movie soundtracks as the soundtracks for their films, because soundtracks are already extremely associated with a specific film and can detract from another film. That said, soundtracks can be great in a lot of contexts, like your own.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I've also decided to enter! I'll be entering with a film I started working on about two years ago though, so I do feel like a bit of a cheat for having had so much more production time than most other participants (even if I've taken monthly long breaks quite a few times). This feels like the perfect excuse for finishing the film though, so I'm excited! I've never actually entered a BiM contest before either, and hopefully it won't be the last mini/smile

Hey everyone! just wanted to let y'all know that we got a new judge to help us out. More details about him can be found in the announcement post. mini/smile

i think i made it, entry is on its way mini/sunnies

One day left! Can’t wait to see all your entries!

I move plastic in front of a camera for fun