Topic: Who has the most life-like animation?

I think ZachMG and NathanWells have life-like animation. Are there any others?

Re: Who has the most life-like animation?

David Panago

you guys nailed it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

David Pagano is the king of brickfilming.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Zach Macias, probably. Though "life-like" is an odd term, since the best animation isn't necessarily life-like at all.

I agree that MindGame / Zach Macias has the best animation of minifigures that I've seen.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I'd say Nosniborous, but he's not around anymore.

It's mostly tied with:

David Pagano

Zach Macias

and

Robinson Wood

Yes, I do think Nosniborus / Robinson Wood's animation in Grace is pretty impressive as well.  I don't recall any minifig-based animation by David Pagano that really stood out, but his larger-scale animation work is really good.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I do think Robinson Wood has awesome animation, but he hasn't made a brickfilm in so long I bet he lost his talent.

Hehe, I don't think you really lose your talent. It's like riding a bike, you can get shaky, but it comes back to you with some time. Not to mention that seeing as last I recall (I could be wrong, of course), Nos was in an animation class at college he may be doing things we just don't know about.

Last edited by Squash (March 1, 2009 (04:28pm))

Squash wrote:

Hehe, I don't think you really lose your talent. It's like riding a bike, you can get shaky, but it comes back to you with some time. Not to mention that seeing as last I recall (I could be wrong, of course), Nos was in an animation class at college he may be doing things we just don't know about.

True.

I'm not sure of his real name but I think Keshen8 has incredible animation!!!

<{~~~SnowTiger727~~~}>]

I've noticed that, except for David Pagano (and me), you guys seem to be focusing on the action/fighting aspects of minifig animation.  I don't want to downplay it, but I do think other aspects of animation are important.

Nathans right. as he always is. mini/wink

Nathan Wells wrote:

I've noticed that, except for David Pagano (and me), you guys seem to be focusing on the action/fighting aspects of minifig animation.  I don't want to downplay it, but I do think other aspects of animation are important.

Not all of MG's animations are fighting. Look at his part in the Day BF.com Crashed, it was superb.

Any-who, if I released an animation, I'd be on this list. Not trying to brag. But two years since a film, I've so many tests.

Nathan Wells
Zach Macias (Mindgame)
David Pagano
Robinson Wood (Nosniborus)

So yeah, we all agree.

But "lifelike" can't be used to describe minifig animation, as they barely look like people. Lifelike would go better with claymation, the dark side of animating mini/bigsmile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Lego, join me, and together we will rule the Stop-Motion as father and son!

I'll never join you! Your plasticene!!!

No Lego, I am clay!

Nooooo!

mini/mrgreen

I know he hasn't done much, but some of VN's recent work is very impressive.  And ditto with what has been said already.

Last edited by Cheshire (March 1, 2009 (06:28pm))

ManVan wrote:

I know he hasn't done much...

Huh? VN's produced a lot of brickfilms in the past year.

I'd go with Mindgame and Nosniborous.

- Leo