Topic: Green Lantern: Apocalypse

Directory Link

Green Lantern: Apocalypse

YouTube

On a mission on the outer rim of Sector 2814, Green Lantern is confronted by Darkseid - the God of Evil and the Dread Lord of Apokolips.

This is the lousiest animation I've done in a long time. I mean seriously, what a disappointment. It's not even like the effects hold it up (I only discovered how to do a decent collider effect in VisionLab a couple of minutes ago), and Darkseid's voice is a bit inconsistent.

I lost a lot of the footage, so there are a couple of still frames, and some of the effects are a bit dodgy. There was quite a bit of light flicker and accidental camera shake. Plus more computer problems, obviously.

Overall, I'm not too pleased with this. I'm just glad my computers allowed me to finish something for once, although I did have to folk out an extra twenty quid to buy MoviePlus all over again. Hopefully my next animation will be better.

-Jam Pot

Last edited by jampot (February 28, 2011 (09:00am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Green Lantern: Apocalypse

I really don't know what I think of this. Technical aspects aside, it was okay. The story was a little hard to get. Maybe you should have had an intro title explaining what was going on and who the characters were. The VFX were stunning. 4/5.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Not a whole lot of a story to this, and the animation wasn't perfect but it was decent.
The strongest part of the film was definitely the FX though.

Your style is similar to mine. I like it mini/smile the video had great FX I like that too! mini/bigsmile

It's hard to judge this one because watching it (and reading the description), I get the sense that concept was more ambitious than the final product. It had the makings of a good short (even if it was to be just a glorified fight scene), but the short was let down by a lack of content. If you were to ever pick this up again, jampot, I would love to see more imagination with the ring's constructs. LEGO is such a perfect medium to offer creative visualizations of this and it'd be great if someone actually did so.

Yeah, there were supposed to be some constructs, like a giant hammer and a boxing glove, but again - lost footage. If I do make another, I'm definitely going to remember to keep all the files in one place, since having bits on separate memory cards has destroyed so many of my projects now.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I actually enjoyed it. loved the fact that his ring and all glowed. I'm going to have Green Lantern in one of my films, hopefully I can do as good a job with the effects as you did.
AA

An alright fight scene, but there wasn't much of a story and that does seem to be your intention (having one, I mean). And the angles are kind of boring.

Last edited by Pillow (July 28, 2011 (03:03am))

Actually, I only did this as a fight scene. I didn't really care much about story. If I had, there would have been one. Perhaps I shouldn't have added the dialogue, as people seem to be getting really confused over whether there's a plot or not.

it was cool:) 3 stars

GAMEH0R5E

"today i fell and rubed my knee on the rug and slamed my face into my class door coming from spanish going to home and then recces"- Stephen in the chat room