Topic: Beyond the brickfilm : Community project from Brick a Brack

Directory Link

Beyond the brickfilm : Community project from Brick à Brack

YouTube
Brick à Brack

"Au-delà du brickfilm" (Beyond the brickfilm) is a community brickfilm made by the members of the French brickfilming website Brick à Brack.
A brickfilmer animating in his room is suddenly sucked in his set. He then goes through a series of worlds, each created by one of the 29 brickfilmers that made this project possible.

Last edited by Aiwha (May 27, 2017 (04:16am))

Re: Beyond the brickfilm : Community project from Brick a Brack

Awesome ! The best brickfilm mini/smile

Last edited by Maxou44 (May 27, 2017 (09:42am))

Join us now on Brick à Brack: https://www.brick-a-brack.com/en/

Very nice! 5/5 stars!

Congratulations on a fun and adventure-filled collaboration!
I'm very impressed with the number of participants, and it was fun seeing all the different passions and styles being represented. Some have a love for dinosaurs, others for space, but all for brickfilming! What more could you ask for?

How long did this take to complete?

Thanks for your comments!
It was really fun to make a brickfilm together, and to be able to recognise the styles of the others in the finished product.

The members had initially 6 months to submit their part of the brickfilm (though most of them did it in the last few weeks). The editing was done in the next couple of month, and finally the music was composed. Due to a few composers who couldn't find enough time to work on the project this where the project went slow, and it took almost a year to complete it.
Overall a year and a half passed between the launch of the project and the publication of the brickfilm.

This worked really well! Having seen this on YouTube first and not read the description, for the first half or so I genuinely thought that it was all made by one person because they transitioned so well! I think there should be a lot more projects like this mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Great job, fellow French brickfilmers! mini/bigsmile
Too bad we didn't pay attention to that project on Brick-à-Brack, we could also have contributed to it...

This should be an official yearly collaboration! mini/bigsmile

I'm proud to have contributed to this fantastic brickfilm. mini/smile

Really cool collaboration, guys! This community is certainly familiar with how hard those are to get finished. May I ask who the animators are who did the animation for the intro and outro, the final portal world (in space), and the sequence at 4:44 (on the desk)? Those were particularly well animated.

Glad you liked it!

The intro and outro were made by me (thanks for the compliment!), the final clip in space were made by Bloc mirrior, and the sequence at 4:44 by Tip'motion.

Awesome! Community projects like this are always fun to see!

Ooh, this is really cool! Congratulations on getting a community project through to completion! mini/bigsmile

Very nice work! The 8 minutes flew by I had so much fun watching this! All the animators were fantastic and creative. I can't wait for what else you guys over at Brick a Brack will do in terms of collaborations! mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Watching this film was an immersive experience. The time flew by and I wish I could have seen more of some of those worlds.

ブリックフィルマー