Topic: [THAC XIII] MECH

Directory Link

MECH

YouTube

THACumentary

Nothing will stop the MECH.

Made for THAC XIII.

Last edited by rioforce (January 5, 2016 (05:28pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: [THAC XIII] MECH

Great job! I liked your use of the Friends minidoll, I don't think I've ever seen one of those in stop-motion before.

Spoiler (click to read)

I was a little confused on the mech battle though. Was she supposed to be inside of the blue one, or controlling it remotely?

I have to give you kudos for animating with the minidolls at all, especially during a THAC. Good entry overall.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Outstanding entry, Rio! It's not often that you see a brickfilm with minidolls and brick-build mecs, let alone a brickfilm for THAC. The animation, lighting, character design, and overall concept make this one of the most impressive entries.

My favorite shot has to be the micro-scale fighting sequence. Very clever!

You did that for THAC? The animation was great!

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Amazing. Absolutely stunning that this was done in 24 hours. I especially loved the lighting throughout.

Awesome rio!

Glad to see you managed to pull it off and finish this in time. I liked how you used interesting and clever animation techniques like the brick-build motion blur, forced perspective, etc. The mini-mechs were pretty cool too. It was a bit different from most of your animations and had a cool anime feel to it.

Spoiler (click to read)

I must admit though, the customized LEGO Friends mini-doll did creep me out just a tiny bit... mini/shifty

I hope you consider doing more action shorts like this in the future. Good luck in the contest!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Great job as usual, Riio!

Interesting use of Friends minifigures.  I got a few Elves for Christmas and i feel determined to make use of them, just something other than walking hopefully.

You had some really cool lighting here and I loved the big legs you built stomping around.

Thanks for the comments, guys! I must say, animating with minidolls for THAC was insane, and that I should have practiced before hand. mini/tongue

UnknownBrick Films wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I was a little confused on the mech battle though. Was she supposed to be inside of the blue one, or controlling it remotely?

Spoiler (click to read)

She's supposed to be inside her mech. I didn't really make that too clear, because I couldn't actually have her jump into a microscale mech.

Brickcrazy wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I must admit though, the customized LEGO Friends mini-doll did creep me out just a tiny bit... mini/shifty

Spoiler (click to read)

Hehehe, it was totally my intention to creep you out........

Squid wrote:

Interesting use of Friends minifigures.  I got a few Elves for Christmas and i feel determined to make use of them, just something other than walking hopefully.

You had some really cool lighting here and I loved the big legs you built stomping around.

Thanks, Squid! I must say, it was fun experimenting with the minidolls, and I'd like to do more in the future. If you do any, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Again, thanks for the comments everyone. This was a very stressful THAC, and I'm surprised I actually finished. Obviously the film isn't polished, but if you guys to have any critiques, I'd love to hear them. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This was one awesome film. I liked the twist with the mech realizing its own humanity. One of my favorite scenes was when the two mechs fought with those rainbow stripes - reminded me of cartoons mini/smile

I was wondering if the evil mech is meant to have a driver (as the girl pilots the other mech) or if it is intended to be completely robotic.

Overall a beautiful film.

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

The sense of peril you created in this film was very well done especially it being made under 24 hours. The animation was good, along with your sets and lighting. Overall I think you did pretty strong on the technical aspects (for a THAC film).

I kinda felt the lasers were a little slow, but that's the only thing I can think of as a critique, doesn't matter anyways. mini/tongue

Good luck in the contest, and nice job!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I know I already commented, but I just wanted to say congrats on placing 1st this year. mini/wink

I'm still impressed by what you managed to accomplish in a mere 24 hrs. Another deserving win on your part, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Whoa... this was very cool and well done. I love the action and the lighting effects (that purplish background towards the end was beautiful).

And if doing all that in 24 hours wasn't impressive enough... you managed to pull off something I thought was impossible--you found standard-minig hair/hat pieces that look awesome on Friends minidolls! I'm a big fan of the alternate Lego figures.

I'm going to check out your previous stuff right now. Keep up the good work.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage