Topic: Horace and Horace's Day Out [D&L Entry]

Directory Link

Horace and Horace's Day Out

YouTube

I was originally planning to make a pirate film for Darkness and Light, but by the time I was able to work on it, there wasn't nearly enough time. I decided that I'd make something quick instead of giving up, and came up with this. This film is basically just having fun with a concept.

YouTube seems to have messed with the colours and brightness, so I might put up a direct download soon.

Re: Horace and Horace's Day Out [D&L Entry]

Well done, Sillypenta. The shadows concept is truly original!

Wow sillypenta, that was just plain terrific! mini/bigsmile The animation, especially the shadows, was superb. Such a simple yet very clever concept, executed perfectly.

Spoiler (click to read)

As I was watching it, the animator in me couldn't stop wondering how you had managed to create the disembodied shadow effect. That made the completely unexpected ending all the better!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

This is my favorite Peter Pan remake. In all seriousness this film was very impressive. I enjoyed the use of the theme and the animation looked great. I though the curtain was a bit distracting but that's really my only complaint.

Loved the way you did the shadows. Just awesome.

now this was awesome. Truly updated, modern grotesque.

It felt short, but it was smart. Original and remarkable, good work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Logged in just to comment on this. Wonderfully creative, brilliantly animated and just an overall reminder of how inspired some of the contests here can make people. Superb.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Spoiler (click to read)

I love the shadow parrots in the shadow trashcans.

Very well done; excellent idea.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Absolutely fantastic. Great idea, and extremely well animated. Also quite funny. mini/bigsmile

Wow, Penta, I was not sure what to expect when I went to watch the film, and I must say, I was extremely, phenomenally, pleasantly surprised! The whole concept is just so creative and unique. You keep outdoing yourself. I love how you did the effect, I really thought it was a shadow. This is definitely my favorite D&L film. Great work.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I wasn't expecting such a great response for a quick film. Thanks, everyone.

Congratulations. If this is a quick film, a proper film of yours really must be impressive.

Another entry with a simple premise that works perfectly. It was lovely. And one of the best uses of shadows since Swing Time.
I liked that you, unlike most of the other entries, made a comedy(!) and incorporated the theme of the contest as a visual gag, and not as lighting indication (many entries seem to follow only "Darkness" and forget about "light"). Everything is bright, visible, and the darkness is still used in a creative way.

Maybe too short, or too simple to be the best of the competition, but it certainly is among them, and has one of the better uses of the theme. Well done.

Great use of shadows. One of my top 3 favorites!

Wow, very inventive use of shadows!
How did you pull off all those shots?

The animation was lively and fun, and it was nice watching a light and comedic take on the theme.
Great job man!

Great concept, fresh idea. Very creative film indeed. Well done.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Really enjoyed the ingenuity in this entry, as I mentioned in the results chat. I thought it was executed quite well, too, beyond just being a good concept. The lighting worked well.

I know you made it pretty quickly, and I don't think it shows in the quality of the execution, which is really good in my opinion. It does feel like a series of sketches that aren't connected to each other as an overall story really, which would be my main critique of it. I think if it had been more connected it might have felt a little more satisfying to me as a film.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png