Topic: Blade Eater OP

Directory Link

Blade Eater OP

YouTube

This is a promotional video showcasing my upcoming series called Blade Eater. Fighters around the world gather for the annual tournament called "Blades" and the winner of the tournament is to be crowned this year's "Blade Eater".

Thanks for watching!

My dream is to swim in Lamborghinis.
Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy my brickfilms.

Re: Blade Eater OP

There's some interesting stuff here.  The premise sounds intriguing, and I really like the opening shot and animation of the guy swinging the sword mid-way through, as well as the spinning shot of the two characters standing back-to-back.  The animation is pretty decent, although it could use a bit of tightening, and there are a few focus/flicker issues.  The lighting and sets, while not bad per se, are, however, a bit bland and could benefit from a bit of improvement.  I'm also not sure the font used for the credits and the music are especially well implemented, although some of this may be down to personal taste.

However, I'm not really sure this video worked well as a "promotion".  The video description gave more information about this series than the video itself, which really shouldn't be the case.  All I see on the video are, for the most part, some people fighting, with little to go on context or who these people are and why they're fighting.  Most people don't care about what equipment or software you're using, but rather what the story is about--who these characters are, what happens to them, and why we, the audience, should care about this.  Even something basic like a few lines of key dialogue or a short narration would be enough to make this clear.  You could also convey this visually--the opening shot of the skeleton and weapons is great in that gives us a good idea of what this is going to be about, but it's never followed up so we never really find out much beyond that.

Sorry if I've come across as a it harsh or nit-picky.  It's certainly a good start, and you do have a solid foundation here, but there are definitely things that can be improved upon.  I think you could definitely make this even better than it already is.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

While, yes, a bit confusing if the description isn't read, the video itself is really well done. The cinematography and camera movements look to be very promising.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Mr Vertigo, thank you for the constructive criticism.  I will take your thoughts into consideration for the series.  I hope you like the upcoming pilot episode.  I unfortunately can't really do anything about my light flicker since my camera doesn't let me manually change all the options. 

Thank you,
FabioNoche

My dream is to swim in Lamborghinis.
Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy my brickfilms.