Topic: Plastic Giant

Directory Link

Plastic Giant

Link 1

Made for Brick a Brack biggest contest of the year.

Animation: 24fps - animated on 1 month
Post-production: Made on a day.

Brick a Brack Moderator]

Re: Plastic Giant

That was really creative. The animation was a bit rough, but I love the idea of the film, as well as the story. There aren't nearly enough films made with brick built characters; this makes me really wish I had kept my bionicles for their ball joint connections. Great film. mini/smile

Very good. I wish I knew what the minifigure was saying, but I think I understood the story. Let me see if I got it right:

Spoiler (click to read)

The guy makes a minifigure, but he is lonely and wants to see what else there is in the world besides the desk, so the guy builds a bird for him and he flies around with his new friend

The animation was good, it was a little rough, but that's OK. I enjoyed the concept. The motion blur on the bird and rock didn't look right, because none of the other parts of the video had motion blur, so it looked out of place.

Other than that, it was wonderfully made! Great job. I'm sure David Pagano will be happy to see another Pagano-puppet in action! mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

ahah thank you guys mini/bigsmile

Yeah you are right Rioforce that's it !
But you didn't activated the subtitles ? mini/what

Yeah i know that the animation is kind of a little rough mini/mrgreen
But it was kind of difficult with the puppet mini/yes

see you guys and thanks for watching !

Brick a Brack Moderator]

hooowww !
i didn't recognized first, but i love your Thac new recruit rioforce !
i whatched it this afternoon mini/smile

Brick a Brack Moderator]

No, I didn't turn on the subtitles, I tried, but they did not load for me. Congratulations on making a film that has a easy-to-follow story without having to know the language. mini/bigsmile

I'm glad you like my THAC film "New Recruits". mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

It is always a treat to see a brickfilm made with large puppet figures and this one is no exception. I liked how instead of going straight from plot point to plot point, you went to the trouble of including the shots such as the creator playing with the lamp and the minifigure throwing the rock over the edge. Without even requiring dialogue, these shots really helped convey what the characters were feeling and strengthened the mood of the film.

I also liked the design of the lamp and thought the use of an arm as a thumb on the puppet was very clever, but I found the moustache design a little distracting as it was extremely reminiscent of David Pagano's Country Buildin'.

I really enjoyed this film and would love to see more in this style.

Thanks a lot sillypenta for your comment mini/bigsmile
That's funny cause i also watched your brickfilm Warshaw just after New recruits and i loved it ahah mini/lol

Brick a Brack Moderator]