Topic: LEGO Super Heroes - Avengers Assemble!

Directory Link

LEGO Super Heroes - Avengers Assemble!

Youtube

The LEGO Super Heroes Season 1 Finale!

Re: LEGO Super Heroes - Avengers Assemble!

Very nice! Though the pacing was a bit odd, and some of your fighting was a bit lackluster, your animation, effects, voice acting and dialogue are great, and I look forward to season 2 (especially after that cliffhanger).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

thanks jampot mini/smile

No problem. BTW who voices Iron Man and Spider-man in your videos?

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Ah, I must've missed an episode somewhere. mini/dizzy
Still, I've not much left than to elaborate on what Jampot said.

The animation itself seems to be getting better as the series goes on, and that's understandable as you've done so much of it. The sets are good, and while you tend towards scale over detail, it is kinda needed when you're dealing with so many characters. Which, by the way, has been handled well over the series, at least for the heroes.

As for the flaws, I feel that Iron Man's fighting was a bit off, as he never really used his suit's weapons until told to by his buddies. Which doesn't really make sense. And the major flaw was similar in that there was little intensity to the whole fight scene. It just felt like stuff happening. No investment, no drama, just "oh ok, he just punched him, that's nice." type thing. I'm not sure if it's because it was set at a slow-ish pace, it had a sectioned off feel, or what.
(Also, mix it up. Spidy doesn't need to fight Ock, get someone else to and add some variety and fun. Don't do the expected match-ups.)

I'm not quite sure how to explain how to get it better. But something is lacking. Maybe try comparing how others have done good superhero fight scenes, or see if the animation challenge thread has anything applicable. Part of it was that folks would basically just stop fighting when they talked, leaving a pause in everything else as they spat out the latest one-liner only then to continue fighting. But I think there was more that just that.

Overall, I like this series, and this kind of ambition is to be lauded. You've done a great job so far, and I'm looking forward to what is to come. Keep up the good work!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Maybe try comparing how others have done good superhero fight scenes, or see if the animation challenge thread has anything applicable.

Here are some of what I consider to be the best superhero brickfilm fight scenes. They're just off the top of my head, more might come to me later.

The Force Unleashed (not superhero specifically, but worth a watch)
Filmyguy's World's Finest animation
This Arkham fanfilm

See how superhero combat is done in them. I'd also suggest looking at some of the gameplay of the LEGO Marvel videogame for inspiration.