Topic: "The Musical Mafia" (Failed THAC entry)

Directory Link

The Musical Mafia

YouTube

I just now built up the courage to release this.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me during THAC, and sorry to everyone I was a jerk to during THAC (you do weird things when you have been up too long and are experiencing the after-effects of coffee).

EDIT: Also, Jonathan, I am having trouble with Windows Movie Maker and can't export the version with the audio editing you did. I am going to re-install wmm and try to get it up later.

Last edited by PushOverProductions (January 21, 2014 (01:59pm))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Re: "The Musical Mafia" (Failed THAC entry)

This is my favorite film by you. Mafia goons and musical numbers seem like a winning combination of humor for me.

Looks like you gave us an offer of humor we couldn't refuse.

Willco66 wrote:

This is my favorite film by you. Mafia goons and musical numbers seem like a winning combination of humor for me.

Looks like you gave us an offer of humor we couldn't refuse.

I have never tried something like this before, and although I liked it, I might be jumping back and forth between this kind of humor and my weirdish/dark humor.

Glad you enjoyed it! mini/smile

Don't know why you don't like this film of yours that much, it's pretty great, not your best in my opinion, but still great. Again, could benefit from some more sound effects, but to be fair you did learn that judging from the scene where the singer gets tackled, which was hilarious thanks in part to the sound effects as the other guy starts talking.
Great work, would like to see more of this kind of stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:

could benefit from some more sound effects, but to be fair you did learn that judging from the scene where the singer gets tackled, which was hilarious thanks in part to the sound effects as the other guy starts talking.

Ah, yes, I am going to try a bit harder with this since THAC is over. I will be using footstep sound effects now and recording more sound effects to add to my Foley library.

You are wittiest writer on this site! Fantastic job! You're films always make me laugh mini/smile

I can relate to the musical mobster a lot.  I also occasionally bust into song after only hear a few short key words.  Like if someone says "at last"  I'll just go: ♫Valjean, at last!  We see each other plain!  Monsieur, le mayor, you wear a different chain!♫ And then I'll continue with the rest of the song from Les Miserables.

It's a good film, though, though it felt a bit drawn out.  The script feels like it could have used some editing to be a bit quicker, which, in the context of THAC, would probably have been a good idea before moving on.

Oh my god, I loved this. It was hilarious. Great job.

I'll be watching l8r 2day.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Oh my, lots of feedback I missed.

@Kinglemuel Thank you! Thats quite a complement. (Also, yay for Calvin and Hobbes)

@Squid If he has this problem, and you have it, and I sort of have it, I think this might be a serious medical condition.

Thank you though. I do see what you mean, I became a bit worried that the entry would not fit the theme so I kept adding on to the script just to be sure. I think it resulted in me biting off more then I could chew.

Rockydude411Bricks Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

HoldingOurOwn Excellent. mini/smile

Squid wrote:

I can relate to the musical mobster a lot.  I also occasionally bust into song after only hear a few short key words.  Like if someone says "at last"  I'll just go: ♫Valjean, at last!  We see each other plain!  Monsieur, le mayor, you wear a different chain!♫ And then I'll continue with the rest of the song from Les Miserables.

I do the same thing.  I love Les Miserables.

Jessica

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.